The disappearance of a member in good standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

:wd::applaud::angelgirl: :thanks: Feels good to know they're watching out for us!
    Xadrian;1465970 wrote: I noticed my last post in the thread "baclofen almost destroyed my life" and also a post of Otter, as well as a post of the troll were removed within 30 seconds.
    Although all 3 posts weren't nice, it is a clear proof that this forum is being moderated and subject to censorship.
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hippyman;1465985 wrote: :wd::applaud::angelgirl: :thanks: Feels good to know they're watching out for us!
      The opinion about that slightly differs inividually.
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

I am going to get a tin hat and one of these: Banana Peelz~ Mens Tanning Pouches

So that I am completely protected!
        BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Otter, I really like that banana peelz. Thanks for sharing. I am sure my wife will be thrilled on our next beach vacation when I break that out. Perhaps my next camping trip with the guys.

Much better than those silly loin cloths we normally wear. LOL.

Comment

i dont think moderaters should remove posts at all,this is an open forum and were all grown-ups,that kind of pisses me off
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

COS

It's the look I'm going for! I needed something to complement the tin hat. A pair of Basket Masters and you're ready to go anywhere.
              BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

paulywogg;1466029 wrote: i dont think moderaters should remove posts at all,this is an open forum and were all grown-ups,that kind of pisses me off
                This forum endorses WiseGeek's Rules of Etiquette which states:

"Trolls are always in flagrant violation of forum etiquette and enjoy disturbing the peace at any forum where they post. Trolls tend to scroll, call names, gossip about other posters, post things that are deliberately provocative and usually that violate the forum's rules about posting. Most moderators hasten to get them banned as soon as possible, but they can sometimes do a lot of damage before this happens.

Flaming, or deliberate insults or personal rants, is also against forum etiquette. Flaming is often employed by people who are losing arguments on a forum. Their response is to personally insult the poster disagreeing with them, usually in a long, nasty post.

This kind of behavior is why so many forums have a list of posting rules and consequences for breaking them. Some may say this behavior is more prominent among immature teens, but that is in no way the case. Many of the worst offenders are adults who should know better. The veil of anonymity seems to bring out the worst in these people, and any bullying tendencies they have tend to become magnified in the semi-protection of an anonymous forum.

Most of the rest of forum etiquette involves using the Golden Rule: treat others as you would like to be treated. Behaving as a reasonable adult, even in the face of being flamed, is always the best course of action. If a poster becomes harassing, obscene or personal, do not retaliate. Instead, cut and paste the offensive post(s) into an e-mail and quickly report it to the moderator or forum administrator."
                With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Otter, I like it. If you can play guitar, you could probably make a living in Times Square posing for photos.

Comment

Cassander;1466052 wrote: This forum endorses WiseGeek's Rules of Etiquette which states:

Trolls are always in flagrant violation of forum etiquette and enjoy disturbing the peace at any forum where they post. Trolls tend to scroll, call names, gossip about other posters, post things that are deliberately provocative and usually that violate the forum's rules about posting. Most moderators hasten to get them banned as soon as possible, but they can sometimes do a lot of damage before this happens.

Flaming, or deliberate insults or personal rants, is also against forum etiquette. Flaming is often employed by people who are losing arguments on a forum. Their response is to personally insult the poster disagreeing with them, usually in a long, nasty post.

This kind of behavior is why so many forums have a list of posting rules and consequences for breaking them. Some may say this behavior is more prominent among immature teens, but that is in no way the case. Many of the worst offenders are adults who should know better. The veil of anonymity seems to bring out the worst in these people, and any bullying tendencies they have tend to become magnified in the semi-protection of an anonymous forum.

Most of the rest of forum etiquette involves using the Golden Rule: treat others as you would like to be treated. Behaving as a reasonable adult, even in the face of being flamed, is always the best course of action. If a poster becomes harassing, obscene or personal, do not retaliate. Instead, cut and paste the offensive post(s) into an e-mail and quickly report it to the moderator or forum administrator.
                    I am in complete agreement. :goodjob:

Comment

Working...
                    X