Baclofen advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen advice please

I am now on 150mg/day of bac, divided into 4 doses.

Observations:

Sleep: disasterous. Go to sleep with mild sleeping pill, wake 2 or 3 times during night. Need to spend half of next day grabbing sleep. Often feel forgetful in conversation,very dizzy and worry about driving or tripping over when walking.

Do notice that i'm drinking less most, but not every, night. Can still drink a bottle. But on an average night leave about one or two glases in a bottle, and twice over christmas didn't drink at all.

Feel that as bac is helping me, i should try and make an effort and not drink at all. Read that paper recently mentioned on this forum that said of those who fail on bac, some of them are people who just can't (won't?) break the habit. I can feel some lessening of the pull, but i still enjoy it's effect, still have my 'witching' hour, and - dare i say it - find that it's sometimes the only time in a dizzy, out-of-it day that i feel normal. This is coming from a bottle of wine a day evening drinker, not someone who drinks all day or anything. Will i reach a 'switch' of indifference if i keep going, or is this it, but i'm not listening?

How do i break the habit ritual that i enjoy so much?

Baclofen advice please

Well the SE's are normal. I went through them. It is tough but they slowly get better.

I think you do have to continue. I mean unless you are happy where you are?

Breaking the habit, well I don't think you hit the switch. That's the problem. Stick with it and take it slow would be my advice.

I think 10mg per week some say 20mg.

Comment

Baclofen advice please

I think 10mg per week is good. 20 was tough for me to be honest.
      I don't think there should be a rush. Take your time, I mean how long have you been drinking? Sounds like you are getting better. Sleep is key too. Find what works for you but get sleep when you can.
      You can do it!

Comment

Baclofen advice please

Thank you.

Lostsole, when you said
        "Breaking the habit, well I don't think you hit the switch. That's the problem" did you mean that in your experience I haven't yet reached the switch, or do you mean that there there isn't a switch ever?

Comment

Baclofen advice please

cookinghappy;1439715 wrote: Thank you.

Lostsole, when you said
          "Breaking the habit, well I don't think you hit the switch. That's the problem" did you mean that in your experience I haven't yet reached the switch, or do you mean that there there isn't a switch ever?
          I'm pretty sure he meant that you probably didn't reach the switch yet. Not that you won't reach it ever.
          For most of us before and after the switch is as different as day and night, so when you reach the switch, you will probably notice.
          I felt it coming 2 days before I hit the switch. The beers tasted like yeagh and 2 days later I had no appetite for beer anymore.
          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Baclofen advice please

Xadrian;1439919 wrote: I'm pretty sure he meant that you probably didn't reach the switch yet. Not that you won't reach it ever.
            For most of us before and after the switch is as different as day and night, so when you reach the switch, you will probably notice.
            I felt it coming 2 days before I hit the switch. The beers tasted like yeagh and 2 days later I had no appetite for beer anymore.
            That's correct. For some reason I don't always get my notifications.

I have hit my switch and also lost it which is a bummer. When you hit that "switch" you will know it. It's very odd. For me, it was a sudden indifference to alcohol. I thought about it still but I just could care less.

I did not go to a liquor store period. No interest. I just did not care anymore for it. I am not exactly there right now but I am afraid to go back up in dose as I have some meetings to go to and need to be sharp.

Comment

Baclofen advice please

Hi Cooking, how ya doing?

The indifference switch is weird. I went up to 160mg but didnt think I'd hit the switch came down because of SE's and come to find out I probably hit it at 120mg. I'm at 100mg now but and will probably stay there for a while because the SE's are non-existant and I had no desire to drink through the holidays.

It definitely helped me with SE's and reach indifference when I made a point of not drinking. Wasn't easy at first, of course, but became easier and could handle the SE's much better. I realized my desire to drink was more out of habit and reluctance to let go (lifestyle and such) than just cravings. Try not drinking for a day or two and see how it goes with Bac.

Cheers!

Comment

Baclofen advice please

Funny, that's how it went for me. I got to 240, and was ill.
                Went down and I had just lost interest.

Comment

Working...
                X