Carrying the Torch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carrying the Torch

This home away from home (and in our home :nutso of ours, has changed since I left when https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ris-54734.html was killed by a drunk driver 1 year and 3 days ago.

For starters, there are so many brand new people here! I'm just now meeting many of them and regretting the fact that I can't spend more time getting to know each and every one of you!

There are other, more subtle, differences though. RedThread12 hinted at it it when she recently mentioned "the Class of '09". There is comraderie here. There is mutual support. There are highly intelligent contributors and researchers. But there was even more back then. I'm not saying there's a qualitative difference, but I sense there is a quantitative one.

I think it is our fault, and by "our" I mean those of us who came before you. I think we've failed to "pass the torch."

I told RedThread a month ago, before I even knew any of you, "trust me they will surprise you."

I'll try this for my small contribution:

On Nov 27th I drafted the first of the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-50513.html's in an attempt to give ammunition to anyone wishing to get their doctor on board and get a prescription for baclofen.

I've uploaded the forum code for "The Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread" to a Google Document so that people who request permission can edit and update it. Then periodically we can republish it.

If anyone knows how to convert the forum or BB code that it is in to an HTML page then help me and we'll turn it into a webpage that I can host on my server. That way we don't have to bump it all the time. Or is there a better or easier solution? Speak up!

There are sooooo many things that need to be updated on it. There is so much more new information and studies out there now.

Otter, I've noticed you posting up all kinds of links to studies and articles recently and I know you're email so I sent you a request to be a collaborator. Anyone else, just email me at revanpicard@gmail.com, Lo0p@PhoenixResearchLabs.com or, I believe you can email anyone else that has access as a collaborator/editor to grant you the same privileges. Otter, can you confirm this?

There was another study someone posted a few weeks ago that was golden and should be added.

The only format, if I am recalling correctly that I tried to stick to was ordering things by date. Though I'm not sure if I did.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Carrying the Torch

Hey, Lo0p, I haven't tried this yet but a quick Google just showed me this link.

You might try it with your doc and see how it works.

Convert Word Documents to Clean HTML

Best to all of you Baclofenians!!

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Carrying the Torch

LoOP, Thank you for all you do. I owe my life to Baclofen and without your help I have no idea if I could have continued with it. I need the support and encouragement of others who are also healing because of your work. I believe that I now never have to drink again. What a relief. There are countless lives that can be saved with this information! GOD BLESS your work and GOD BLESS YOU!
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Carrying the Torch

Damn Hippyman. You just...rule.

The first time I received a PM from you it was about liquid bac and you were so..."you"ish:h, that it made me feel strange. As though your online personality were some kind of a front for a a troll trying to take my and my work/passion away.

I actually didn't respond for a couple of days. I read your posts. I think your first one was to me. Then I figured "okay, maybe he really is some happy go lucky hippy kid that lives in his mother's basement and listens to Bob Marley.

Then I read that post about you actually being a child of the 60's and *poof* now I don't now what to think. I should just stop.

As is the case with many of you, I would like to meet you some day.

Actually, come to think of it, I've met 3 MWO'ers over the years so far. :l

This website rocks because people are real here.
        sigpic

A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Carrying the Torch

Where would we be without Cinders? 'Nuff said :l
          sigpic

A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Carrying the Torch

No takers? Where's Otter? terryk?

Well, we've all been around for a while. Don't be shy everybody, let's make this place a real resource!
            sigpic

A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

Carrying the Torch

lo0P,

I can't collaborate well, since I can't take Baclofen.

However, I am more than happy to help with setting the information up in HTML format (or whatever web format I decide is best for the data) and keeping it updated.

I believe firmly that Baclofen is a lifesaver for so many and am willing to help as I can.

I am in the midst of a very intense study cycle atm but that should end in a couple of days.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Carrying the Torch

I am a happy go lucky child of the 1960s (born in 1952) who has struggled with alcohol on and off all my life. I had about 10 years sober and then came my midlife crisis. I dove back into the bottle and have been trying to climb out ever since. I read Dr. Aimesen's book 4 or 5 years ago and order off shore baclofen. It helped more that the other anti~craving meds (I've tried them all)! I've never taken large doses. Even 5 mgs. has an effect on me. I'm at 50 mgs. and am considering coming off completely...very very slowly. I have come off before and went for 4 or 5 months without any urge to drink. This time if I come off I will use Antabuse to make sure that I can't drink if the thought ever crosses my mind. I have an inner knowing that I am DONE with alcohol. My last binge nearly killed me and I left my body. I saw what it's like to die. It wasn't frightening at all. It was wonderful. Part of me wanted to stay but I knew I needed to return and make amends with those I had hurt. I'm a different person now. I feel peaceful and calm. I'm not quite sure if it"s the near death experience that has made me different or if it's that I hit the switch with baclofen? I'm thinking it's probably both. I am grateful for MWO and for this site. Please keep doing what your doing...saving lives!
                Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Carrying the Torch

Lo0p, I just posted you this. Welcome to the Baclofen USA Forum | Baclofen USA Forum

Have a look and see what you think.
                  BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Working...
                  X