Interview with Claudia Christian on TSM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the current interest in nalfeme, there will be more research into TSM. The only difference is going to be the drug, but the underlying assumptions are the same.

Lo0p, a while ago, you and I engaged in similar conversation. I think the issue with TSM is how one defines success. If an advocate of abstinence looked at where I am, they would say I failed, despite my general preference for not drinking. If a person ends up within ULMD, by it's own stated goals, TSM has succeeded. Even though the person undergoing treatment may not be happy with the result, harm minimization has been achieved.
    Sinclair Method (50mg naltrexone one hour before drinking)

Pre TSM 80-90 Units Per Week, No Alc Free Days

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Comment

By success, I meant (and right now think I always thought I meant, but ), a combination of your own subjective judgement with a healthy dose of the WHO guideline as a reference point too.

By my own subjective judgement I, in the past would have posed this question and answer scenario to myself:

"Do I ever crave alcohol? No. Do I ever want it or think about it? Very rarely. When I do, what do I do?"

I do whatever I want to do. Usually nothing, sometimes a glass or two, sometimes I get drunk with friends (doesn't feel amazing anymore though) but most of the time I will pour what I intend to imbibe and find it hours later with a sip or swallow taken out of it and laugh.

That is probably the standard for success I used when I talked to you about it. I don't recall. But I, if it was a while ago, most likely applied my own to you.

If we had the same back and forth today I think I'd probably be more able to understand your perspective.

If there is one constant thing that progressively changes for me the older I get (as if there aren't a million :H), I always tend to see things in less black and white but instead more and more grey.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Lo0p;1449537 wrote:

"Do I ever crave alcohol? No. Do I ever want it or think about it? Very rarely. When I do, what do I do?"

I do whatever I want to do. Usually nothing, sometimes a glass or two, sometimes I get drunk with friends (doesn't feel amazing anymore though) but most of the time I will pour what I intend to imbibe and find it hours later with a sip or swallow taken out of it and laugh.
        This is me.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
        X