Cover story for taking Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I saw my dr yesterday and he returned Dr A's book (after having it a month) and said he hadn't read it. He also wants me to start reducing down from 80 mgs. I'm irritated. I wanted to keep using a script even if my FL panther was taking liquid bac. How important do you all think the script is?

Caro, I'm glad things are good.

kronkcarr

Comment

kronkcarr;1466771 wrote: How important do you all think the script is?
      I made the decision a loooong time ago (about 2 1/2 years, to be exact) that I didn't care where it was coming from. And I wasn't going to let the people who let me stay sick for decades determine what lengthsI should take in order to get well. But I tend to be a bit stubborn, a little passionate about stuff, and sometimes that's just plain stupid. But not in this case.
      So yeah, my answer is, (for me) it isn't important at all.

TexasAg;1466644 wrote: Pretty sure that was it...just kidding :H.
      And that might well be, Tag. Depending on my mood and the time of, um, day. I've heard tell that I can be a little...unsubtle. However, I've never thought of you as an idiot. Or any alcoholic, for drinking. It's what we do. (Or did! )

RedThread12;1466626 wrote:
      "I can't believe it! Every month, just around my period, you get SO aggravating!!"
      Oh YES! :H

How's it going Caro?

Comment

And Kronk, if it makes you feel at all better, I've given away at least a dozen copies (maybe 2 dozen!) of the book, and only two people have read it. Well, my mom said she skimmed it. But the other person actually read it. None of my close friends did. My therapist (whom I love) did not. My doctor certainly didn't. But I fired her, so I feel better about it.

Comment

Kronkcarr, I don't think a prescription is important, at all. Especially now, when we have Home - Phoenix Research Labs as a reliable, low cost source. I've actually let my scripts lapse, because the kangaroo I am doing my research with prefers it:-). Given that, and the actual fact that you're far more likely to get reliable information about the bac-path here, than from your doctor, I really wouldn't get too concerned.

You can always call Dr. L. for a script. I do keep pills on hand, though. I order them from AllDayChemist - Prescription drugs, Generic medicines, online indian Pharmacy Goldpharma has them, too. Not as cheap as a script for 10 mg pills, but useful for certain situations.

Onward!
          "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Dear MWO's

Thanks for your replies and support. I have had lots of therapy over the years. But none of it has made as much positive impact on how I feel as the support I am getting here.

Thank you.

Caro

Comment

Hi Caro: Yes, this IS an incredible place. Thanks for letting me pre-empt your thread a bit. But for the most part, there's something to be learned from pretty much everyone who posts sincerely. That includes, especially, the "old" threads from some of the original baclofentists, and the newcomers who are serious enough and smart enough to read, post, ask questions. Collectively, this IS bac-central for the U.S. Guess that's the good news and the bad.

EVERY "real" post brings more information . . . and more possibility . . . about coming out from under the lash of AL. I look forward to reading more as you find your way out!
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
              X