X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need your help

Lo0p;1450703 wrote: I'm confused.
    There are several options.

1. You set up your own information board and then buy a domain name. Downside is you have to either use a free domain name or keep paying the yearly subscription. Also, they are not always easy to use, don't have many features.
    2. You get a blog like workpress which has more features but basically the same issues re using their domain name or paying for a .com domain.

3. Collaborate and post your info on the site I set up. I get money from River Pharmacy which pays for the site so I can either have two sites, UK and US or consolidate them into one to save costs.

On any of these there they can have more than one person administering the site and entering data.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

I need your help

UK, got your email. I've been on my cellphone connected to a bluetooth keyboard, cloud-printing shipping labels to printers and flying by the seat of my pants for a few days.

We were all right. There are many people I talk to on the phone who watch us and never even sign up. 10 or 100 to 1 of us.

The phone conversations I've been having, several times now, bring me to tears and lift my spirits high at the same time.

I have a purpose now, it feels right (amazing actually). I just have no time!

Off to the restaurant.

Tonight maybe.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

I need your help

This link has just been posted by DonQuixote:- https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59463672/Ameisen%20Letter%20to%20the%20Editor.pdf

Comment

I need your help

Lo0p - Thank you for your hard work and dedication. When I read this I immediately thought of you, "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy" - Rumi
          Your joy is inspiring.

Comment

I need your help

Thank you. :l
            :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
            :what?:
            sigpic
            Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
            A Forum
            Trolls need not apply

Comment

I need your help

Zippysmom;1457103 wrote: Lo0p - Thank you for your hard work and dedication. When I read this I immediately thought of you, "When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy" - Rumi
              Your joy is inspiring.
              I'm with Zippy LoOp. I am so grateful for all you do to save lives while the medical community drags it's feet! :thanks:

I LOVE Rumi. My favorite is Deepak Chopra's "A Gift of Love 1"...Rumi poems!
              Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

I need your help

Ahhh . . . I'm such a lucky girl . . . I even know the woman who produced that CD for Deepak!!

Rumi rules:
                "Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing, there is a field.
                I will meet you there.
                When the soul lies down in that grass,
                Even the words "each other," have no meaning."

This is from my recollection, savoring Rumi, as translated by Coleman Barks, for all these years. Goggle might reveal some discrepancies!!

Hafiiz, as translated by Daniel Ladinsky, is another deep well:
                "Even after all these years,
                The Sun never says
                To the Earth,
                'You owe me.'
                Look what happens
                With a love like that.
                It lights the whole sky!"

Sometimes . . . maybe not very often, I don't know for sure . . . we find ourselves swept up and hugged into something much bigger than we understand.

"Do you think I know what I am doing?
                That for one breath, or half-breath I belong to myself?
                As much as the pen knows what it is writing,
                Or the ball can guess where it is going next."
                ------- Rumi

Comforting, indeed, that someone else noticed, and put words to how "not in charge" I am. I won't speak for anyone else . Thanks, Zippysmom, for pointing out exactly the right place for posts from "ecstatic" traditions.
                "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Working...
                X