Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need basic info on Baclofen, Topamax, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, wonderful MWO family. I am a sporadic member but appreciate everyone's input. I am seeing my Internist on Monday and, having tried Campral, Antabuse and Naltrexon, with no success, am hoping to try Baclofen and/or Topamax to end my love affair with AL. I need a basic guide - what's the difference, what do I need to tell my doc to convince her to prescribe it..... I know there must be one here can't find it. Love you all. Hope someone can help! XXX
    "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning how to dance in the rain." - Vivian Green

Hi, we have a very good thread regarding Topa with tons of information. It is mostly a friendship thread but we have all the experience and information regarding Topa. Read thru the pages, especially Back quite aways or even start at the beginning as you also jump in on the last page and get to know us. The thread is on the meds site, this one here and called, New Here and Starting Topa and With a Question. Just jump in with us and welcome,

Welcome and Hugs, play

Comment

Hey there, Miss.

For bac (baclofen) check out this link:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html

And for topa check out the topa thread. I don't really know how it works--but I know you have to up your dose on a set schedule, and there are different doses for alcohol cravings and for depression. (I only know that because a friend of mine is on topa for depression and I don't think he even knows it can be used for alcohol cravings. He tends to drink a lot, by the way.)

Comment

:nicemeeting:

I'm sorta a rookie (I just saw your 2007 member!) but I have succeeded with Baclofen.

There's another website where MWO'ers are compiling info on Baclofen:

Welcome to the Baclofen USA Forum | Baclofen USA Forum

And there's also prescribing guidelines:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/59463672/Prescribing-Guide-for-Baclofen-in-the-Treatment-of-Alcoholism-Don.pdf

I'm like Stuck and didn't try Topa but there's info on the topa thread.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
        X