Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordering from Australia

Hi all,
    I'm sure this has been addressed previously but I have a friend who would like to order ant abuse and possibly bac but she's in Australia. Can it be done easily or is this an issue? I live in the U.S. and order from River but have no problems here...she's having a hard time getting scripts but says Australia is very strict about ordering things like this.
    Appreciate any input!
    "Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment -Eckhart Tolle"

ordering from Australia

She needs to change doctors! She should have no issues getting scripts.

I could goto 5 doctors in my local area and get 5 x scripts. Change doctors.
    If drinking is interfering with your work, you're probably a heavy drinker. If work is interfering with your drinking, you're probably an alcoholic.

Comment

ordering from Australia

Customs officials here seem to worry mainly about restricted substances, which does not include all prescription drugs. They wouldn't be too happy about someone importing Valium or codeine, for example, but baclofen should be ok. Here is a list of substances that you need an authorisation to import:

Department of Health and Ageing - List of drug substances requiring import and or export authorisations

I can't see baclofen or disulfiram (Antabuse) on the list. Buying non-restricted prescription drugs online seems a bit of a grey area though. I think technically you need a prescription from an Australian doctor, but Inhouse pharmacy (and probably others) provide a kind of "prescription" with orders. Getting Antabuse might be difficult though, simply because not many places seem to sell it.

Doctors in my area are a bit reluctant with both of these drugs sometimes, to be honest, but a doctor should at least write a script for Antabuse if it is obvious that someone is an alcoholic. Baclofen could be trickier, as not all doctors accept its use as an addiction treatment from what I have heard, and in any case one doctor is unlikely to prescribe enough for the kind of high-dose use that some people undertake.

Comment

ordering from Australia

It is a legal import into Australia. Not sure about the authorization needed for normal importing. I've had research grade baclofen, declared as such on the customs forms clear Aussie customs in a day.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

ordering from Australia

Hi Flash, she will be fine ordering Bac into Aust. It is not a prohibited import. This is how I get mine. From Loop's Phoenix Research Labs to be exact. Antabuse is also not a prohibited import however I don"t use it and cannot comment on5 obtaining it.
          Diggin' being alive

Comment

Working...
          X