Update for new bac user

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update for new bac user

A note to say I am still here and still hopeful.

Day 1 AF
    Day 2 1/2 bottle of scotch
    Day 3. 2 drinks. Didn't want more!
    Day 4. Finished bottle, but wasn't craving more.

I cut my bac to 5mg morning, noon, late afternoon. Then 10mg at night. Anxiety dream, extraordinaire. I work 3 days. I will stay with this dose until the weekend, and see if I can go up a little without totally losing the weekend.

A book I am reading talked about how many sunrises each of us gets. I love sunrises, and I want to enjoy everyone I have left, without a hangover!

Thanks for being here.

GG

Update for new bac user

GeauxGirl;1465435 wrote: A note to say I am still here and still hopeful.

Day 1 AF
    Day 2 1/2 bottle of scotch
    Day 3. 2 drinks. Didn't want more!
    Day 4. Finished bottle, but wasn't craving more.

I cut my bac to 5mg morning, noon, late afternoon. Then 10mg at night. Anxiety dream, extraordinaire. I work 3 days. I will stay with this dose until the weekend, and see if I can go up a little without totally losing the weekend.

A book I am reading talked about how many sunrises each of us gets. I love sunrises, and I want to enjoy everyone I have left, without a hangover!

Thanks for being here.

GG
    If you're not craving, why are you drinking? Before Baclofen, I felt like I had no choice but to drink. The compulsion was over whelming. With Baclofen I have the strength to say no...but it's still up to me to say NO!!!
    Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Update for new bac user

Hi GG, a belated :welcome:

Bac has worked wonders for me, but I agree with Hipster, if you can say no, say no. I really couldn't say no until I hit around 80, but it does help. Habits are hard to break. :egad:

Anyways, a hearty hello and well wishes!

JKTTP!

Cheers!

Comment

Update for new bac user

Hi GG. Happy to hear from you. I am right there with you... on day 9 of bac and at 30mg and probably not titrating up for a few days at least. No major SEs, but enough that I don't want to overwhelm my system.

I have had 5 AF days so far, and when I do drink, I have been able to limit it to one or two beers. I have read a lot of threads and know that different people have had different approaches -- abstainence or moderation. I am new enough to have no wisdom on this matter (plenty on other matters though - ha!). For myself, right now, I have decided to not abstain when it feels like whiteknuckling it for more than a few hours. I lived like that for years in AA -- abstaining out of fear of drinking. The polarity of living in that black and white place is no good for me. It means when I do finally break and drink, I go off the deep end. Because I have bought into the AA model that I can't control alcohol, and one drink leads to the deep end of the pool and I am, with one sip, f-ed.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to end up being able to drink in moderation. I just REALLY don't want to care about drinking. I know I can say no. I did it for many years and I was still driven by alcohol. With bac I feel that fear easing and the I might just be able to walk through life without either running toward, or running away from a cold beer. What a frickin' relief.

Good luck, GG. Maybe don't buy a big bottle of scotch next time. Just some small single drink sizes. Whatever works.

Comment

Working...
        X