My thread, my life by Bart-man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm back. Hopefully, I don't lose my job. I'll try this stuff a little longer. But I probably should not have been at work today.

Hey! I know I saw some sort of something around here a couple of hours ago.

Ya' know what? Shit happens when we're drunk. That's all I'm sayin'.

Post what you need and want to post. Drunk posting can feel awful the next day, but I've done oodles of it. Whatever. There's always delete, too. Though it irks some, I figure it's a decent option when the stuff just gets too personal or uncomfortable.

Anyway. I don't know what it is about jumping the gun with bac but it's been done and doesn't usually work out very well. I'm sorry you went through it. Slow and steady. Especially steady. Same amount, same time of day, day in and day out. Increases planned ahead! I found that after a certain amount of alcohol I might change my mind about how much I should take on any given day. If it was a good day, I might think, "Hey! I'll take a little more!" Which just sucked for me the next day. And if it was a bad day, I might go the other direction. Which not only sucks, it makes things a bit topsy-turvy for a couple of days afterward.

So. What's news? Are you still at 40mg?

Comment

Hey Ne,

Thanks so much for your comments!! I took 60 mg yesterday. Will go back to 40 today.

Comment

Good!

Glad you're around.

What's the plan? After recovering from what I imagine is a bit of a hard day, that is.

Hope the night is a bit more peaceful for you.

Comment

Maybe it works. But it doesn't work with camptral and grapefruit juice. I can't lose my job.

Comment

I found my higher power.

Comment

What's she tellin' you?

Or is she Ne ?
              "Wherever you are is the entry point." --Kabir

Comment

Hey Guys,
                What I did wrong was mix Campral and BAC. They both affect the GABA receptors. I was out of my mind yesterday. If started with shaking, dizziness then an out this world feeling. I thought some of my coworkers were spirits guiding me on a journey. My higher power comment was tongue in cheek as this weird state was my higher powers trying to guide me. Not a good thing if you want to keep your job. I managed to drive myself home. I rode it out.

My Doc prescribed the Campral. I'm gonna stick with his plan. I did the BAC on my own. No one to blame by myself. But maybe someone else will learn from this.

Comment

I too was on Campral a few years back. I found it helpful, but requires a fair bit of willpower as I recall. Ultimately it gave me severe stomach problems and I had to quit.

Why did you decide to go off bac? I think jumping on and off the train may be causing a lot of your trouble. If you are going to give campral a try, give it time to work before stopping or switching things up. Keep posting, B-Man.

Comment

Hey Dun,

I'm thinking it was actually the Campral that was the problem. I couldn't sleep last night either. 2 bendrayl's and a melatonin at bedtime. 2 hours later up for an hr before I took another melatonin. Then the same thing again at 3 AM. I think the BAC is out of my system by now. So not sure what else it could be. I had one beer at a restaurant and didn't want anymore at all. So that part is good. But I need to sleep.

I'm also doing Naltroxene and taking 20 mg Prozac. Maybe it is still a soup. My Sister is suggesting a detox. But I think my real issue is just dealing with emotions instead of numbing them. I'll take it a step back further and just do the Naltroxene. I am going to hit another AA meeting today. Then if I ever end up drinking again in the morning start over with the BAC. In the meantime, I've got to get a therapist. The last one reminded me of talking to one of my son's friends. LOL.

Comment

Progressing with the Sinclair method now. I am being religious about this. My drinking has tapered off a bit. Definitely not day drinking now. Will keep plugging away at it.

Comment

Hi Bart-man,

Sorry I don't have much advice about meds other than Antabuse. Hang in there, it will get easier. We're glad you're here!

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Working...
                        X