L-Glut...Too much.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-Glut...Too much.....

Need input here please. I've been so upset over what happened Last Friday (long story) I took more than my usual big heaping teaspoon of my powdered L Glut...

Now I feel dizzy, nauseous ...not well at all . Hubs rubbed my back and I'm living down with hot tea... I feel like I am falling part. Want to cry and cry and cry...

I haven't been taking it for awhile and the desire to drink was getting so hard so thought I'd ramp up..

What in the world IS THIS!!!! :upset:
    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

L-Glut...Too much.....

I'm not sure, kradle... Sorry you are feeling bad. I think glutamine does do something to my mood, usually it makes me feel confident, happier and able to concentrate. It's been reported it could cause manic symptoms, and as w all meds, people can have the opposite effects. If what you are doing through is related to l glut, it should go away soon when it's out of your system, I think. But I'm not an expert of l glut at all.... Hugs...xxxx
    Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
    A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hi Kradle,
      Quick search shows l glut se includes nausea, gastrointestinal problems. Have dh ch eck livestrong.com. hope u feel better soon!
      :l:l
      Be Well,

Jenn
      The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes....Marcel Proust

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hi Kradle

L-Glut is an Amino acid - not a drug as such. I imagine you have just upset your stomach very badly and it will settle. :l
        Don't panic !
        Keep us posted - I will try to Google it for you

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Glutamine side effects are rare, but if you take too much of the supplement then you may experience gastrointestinal problems such as an upset stomach, loss of appetite, indigestion, vomiting, nausea, bloating, gas, flatulence, rectal bleeding, constipation, abdominal swelling, bloody stools, frequent urge to defecate, straining during bowel movements, pale colored stools, anal swelling or diarrhea. Persistent diarrhea can decrease the body of fluids and lead to dehydration. Most of the time reducing the dosage alleviates gastrointestinal problems, but if the symptoms persist or worsen, then discontinue the glutamine supplement and contact a medical professional.

Read more: Side Effects Of Excess Glutamine | LIVESTRONG.COM

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hey, Kradle.

If I don't take L-glut just as instructed (a teaspoon, with juice or fruit) then I get queasy and dizzy too. If I eat anything with it, or near it, I get almost instantaneous diarrhea. And yet, I did it again this morning! Drank a bunch of coffee, then drank some water with L-glut and half an orange. 20 min later, ugh. Hope you feel better!

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Jenn & Satz,

I logged on to the livestrong.com site this morning and fell asleep listening to studies about hormones... I loved it, really. Thanks so much. I woke u feeling better but that wasn't fun at all. I felt so awful..

Ne, boy am I with you on this :wow: coffee, L-Glut and a empty stomach...no good. I will now follow the directions of 30 mins after excersice.....one tablespoon , fruit juice...

ALC- it never ceases to amaze me how potent these things are despite there being 'non-parmaceutical...'

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Funny, I could suck down a few T. of L Glut powder in water with inositol, and some other fun stuff.

Does nothing for me. Once I am done with this tub I am done with L Glut. It's not the manufacturer either since I had another recommended one and it did nothing.

I think everyone is different.

If you have bad SE's from it I would say stay away from it. Might be messing with your brain chemistry.

I have more luck with choline but that's more for mental sharpness.

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

I take L-Glut for other reasons(not for alcohol craving reduction although it might help that too!) in herbal tea, no fruit/juice/sugars involved and no issues at all. In fact I didn't know it was recommended to take it with juice, fruit isn't in my diet at the moment (for a reason) and L-Glut is (for the same reason too).

Sorry you've been feeling unwell I was under the impression L-Glut was fairly 'inert' in that way.
                  I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hi UK & Cos,

Until yesterday the L glut worked wonderfully well for me... I would take it in the morning with water (no taste really) and then move about the cabin.

I think were I screwed up was A. Took way too much and B. Hadn't taken it in a while and I was feeling very stressed anyway.

Others than that, I love e glut...for repairing muscle after excessive and also as an anti craving Supp.

Hope that helps.

:l

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Could be "just one of those things". Just hit you the wrong way. Did you take other supplements also? Maybe it was a combination of things?

I still take it but I can't work out thanks to a back issue. I still take NO Xplode too instead of my coffee. I don't take the full dosage but boy that works.

Cellmass is great for muscle recovery if you are into weightlifting. Not sure if that's your thing.

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hi all, I have just started taking l glut again to see does it help with sugar cravings. I have noticed that over the past couple of months of not drinking I have started eating chocolate and biscuits A LOT, in fact I would rather eat them than proper food most of the time which obviously isnt at all good for me. I dont believe that food is the root of my problem but definately think eating better will make me feel better so this week have started having breakfast, thats my number one change then after that I want to start having something healthy for lunch. I am not aiming to change my whole diet staight away as I have done that before and always pack in after a couple of weeks.

Does anyone else take l lgut for this reason

Comment

L-Glut...Too much.....

Hey space. I did but I had no luck, that an alc cravings. I just take it now to use it up to be honest. I still love sugar, don't know why.

Oh and instead of this just being a negative comment, the best way to get away from the sweets is don't buy them for your house.

My wife bought like 3lb bag of Jolly Ranchers and they sit in a jar on our family room table. When they are gone, no more!

Comment

Working...
                          X