Hope for Bac in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope for Bac in the U.S.

I saw my psychiatrist last week. I had sent her links, etc, to Baclofen and alcoholism, but she had been unable to follow up due to being so busy.

In the past she had prescribed me Baclofen based on my telling her about it but only up to 80 mgs/day.

She is still unwilling to go on to HDB but willing to consider higher than the 80 mgs/day ceiling.

Actually, what I did want to say is that she was very excited when she was at a Pharmacology conference somewhere in CA, she did not specify, and she went to two sessions regarding the use of Baclofen and addictions, mostly alcoholism and cocaine addiction.

The current thinking is that HDB helps with impulse control. It also seems to help with kleptomania, of all things.

She has me back on Baclofen, I am at 30 mgs/day right now, and she wants me to go up slower than I did last time. 10 mgs/day per week, to see if it alleviates some of the SEs.

I cannot do HDB even if she would let me because of kidney issues but she feels I can easily go up to 90 mgs/day safely.

We shall see.

But, truly, this post is not about me, it is about the fact that Baclofen is now being discussed in a formal way amongst doctors in the U.S.

I hope this gives hope to all who live here.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Hope for Bac in the U.S.

Great news! Thanks Cinders.
    Ask

Comment

Hope for Bac in the U.S.

That is GREAT news! Hippy is very, very HAPPY! Thanks for telling us. Many lives will be saved.
      Cinders;1472064 wrote: I saw my psychiatrist last week. I had sent her links, etc, to Baclofen and alcoholism, but she had been unable to follow up due to being so busy.

In the past she had prescribed me Baclofen based on my telling her about it but only up to 80 mgs/day.

She is still unwilling to go on to HDB but willing to consider higher than the 80 mgs/day ceiling.

Actually, what I did want to say is that she was very excited when she was at a Pharmacology conference somewhere in CA, she did not specify, and she went to two sessions regarding the use of Baclofen and addictions, mostly alcoholism and cocaine addiction.

The current thinking is that HDB helps with impulse control. It also seems to help with kleptomania, of all things.

She has me back on Baclofen, I am at 30 mgs/day right now, and she wants me to go up slower than I did last time. 10 mgs/day per week, to see if it alleviates some of the SEs.

I cannot do HDB even if she would let me because of kidney issues but she feels I can easily go up to 90 mgs/day safely.

We shall see.

But, truly, this post is not about me, it is about the fact that Baclofen is now being discussed in a formal way amongst doctors in the U.S.

I hope this gives hope to all who live here.

Love,
      Cindi
      Sober since Sept. 24th 2012 This time 4 SURE!
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-3162-30074.html Newbies Nest
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html Tool Box
      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/what-plan-how-do-i-get-one-68554.html How to get a sobriety plan

Comment

Hope for Bac in the U.S.

Very interesting! Thanks Cindi. Best wishes for success with bac yourself. I'm excited for you!

Comment

Working...
        X