Still on campral and moody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not posted for a while. I am a campral person on one pill three times a day. I am starting my fourth week AF. I still have cravings some times and my mouth waters, but the worse is the grief over the loss of my alcohol friend. I still can't imagine going on vacation and not drinking and sunsets are really bad without a drink. Hopefully that will diminish in the future. Anyone else have any experience with the grief and cravings going away...gads how long will it take!

Dosage

I have only been on Campral for one week and so fare it is working and I am AF. But my dose is 2 pills three times a day. So ask your doctor if you should increase your dosage.:new:

Comment

The recommended dose for campral is 2 tablets three times a day, you should ask your doc why you are not on this.

Hi katherine and welcome to MWO, glad to hear things are working out for you and the campral is helping you stay AF, well done.

Comment

spacebebe01;1484753 wrote: The recommended dose for campral is 2 tablets three times a day, you should ask your doc why you are not on this.

Hi katherine and welcome to MWO, glad to hear things are working out for you and the campral is helping you stay AF, well done.
        Dosing can be per body weight, when I first started it I was told I was border line between 1 3 times a day and 2 3 times a day, we started on the lower dose but increased to 4 or 5 pills.

The grief, lose, sadness etc is quite normal. An alcoholics relationship with the bottle is an extremely powerful one. You may find support in the sections above this one, perhaps the Newbies nest thread, or the daily check in in General Discussion. Some people like the 'Army' thread too. Lots of experienced and supportive people around.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Maybe a low dose of baclofen would help with the sadness. You don't need to rely on the baclofen for complete indifference and there is some evidence in early papers that low (maybe 30 mg per day) helps with "sadness".

Comment

Working...
          X