Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nighttime breathlessness on bac

Hi folks

Me again. I've been writing and asking questions on here for a bit now. Hope it's not a drag

Recently I wrote about horrible se's now that I'm up to 200 mgs bac. I feel I can maybe ride these out, and retracted my decision to reduce.

Last night however I got a return of the horrible breathlessness/sleep apnea that I experienced from time to time both with bac and pre-bac.

For the last three nights I've been waking up at about 4am (same time every night) literally fighting to catch a breath. Last night was the worse. I was really scared I was having an asthma attack (even tho I don't suffer from asthma). I know the bac makes me a bit jumpy and panicky, but I was terrified to go back to sleep in case I never woke up again.
    I did drink last night 10 units (pretty good for me). But I've been smoking like 20 a day for the last couple of months. Since bac.
    I use to smoke no more that 10-15 a day.

Can anyone advice me on how to deal with this

Laurie

The (in)famous Dr No SEs Ever Levin would undoubtedly recommend Xanax for the jumpyness.

Don't know how to deal with it but can tell you that you are not the only one to have experienced this. Also you won't die in your sleep, you'll just wake up knowing that you have to breath more or you'll die. Not much fun but not deadly. Something to do with being very relaxed.

Now, if you choke on your own vomit, that could be deadly.
    Started Baclofen 3/9/10 Hit my switch at 250mg on 21/11/10 Present maintenance dose of 50mg : started drinking after 1 year, upped dose to 80mg and stopped: Tapered to 30mg, started 6 months of drinking, upped dose to 240mg to stop 12/7/12

Comment

laurie65

I've had that. I still get it as I am at 230. I do think booze and other meds make it worse.

I have to say it but alprazolam and diazepam can help it. The dose Doc will give you for alprazolam is too small. It's generic and lame. You'll need 2 based on my personal experience.

I think you are having a panic attack. It's pretty normal with HDB. I had one so bad I went to the ER since the Doc did not tell me about it. Good times. They gave me IV ativan. It worked.

Hang in there. It probably will get better. Especially if you can force yourself to cut back on the drink.
      If you get it in the middle of the night, I would suggest sitting up until you calm yourself down. You will breathe and you are unlikely to be having a heartattack. If you have the diazepam or alprazolam take it. It will help you get back to sleep.

This is all based on my experience.

Comment

Working...
      X