Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explain all these alphabet letters!

Hi,

I am new to this site and have been reading a lot of your posts. Please could someone let me know what all these shortcut letters mean in relation to meds?:new:

Katherine :welcome:

AB=Antabuse
    BAC-Baclofen
    Topa-Topamax
    Nal-Naltrexone (Revia)-AL anti-craving med
    SSRI-Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor-typically used as ADs (anti-depressants)
    CNS-Central Nervous System.

Stick with us. Keep reading and posting. This is a great place!

Comment

More interpretations;

Meds Related

TSM: The Sinclair Method (related to implementation of Naltrexone treatment)

Specifically Bacolfen Related:

LDB: Low Dose Baclofen - not sure what the threshold is but I assume somewhere less than 60mg/day
      HDB: High Dose Baclofen (ranges from 60mg? per day to past 400mgs per day)
      SE: Side Effects (unintended effects a medicine may have on a user)
      OA: Dr. Olivier Ameisen, the heart doctor that correlated baclofen and cravings reduction. He wrote a book call "Heal Thy Self" or "The End of My Addiction." The book may also be called "The Last Drink." The reason for the many book names is in the translation of the book. He is a French Doctor that pacticed many years in the US. He achieved high distinction in his field but then developed extreme alcoholism. He controlled his addiction by using Baclofen. The doctor and the book is referred to in many posts.
      Dr. L - Dr. Fred Levin a real doctor that prescribes baclofen. He is a MD Psychiatrist and a MD Neuroscientist. He is associated with Northwestern University in Chicago.
      Titration:
      The increasing or decreasing rate of using baclofen
      "Switch:"
      The dose level when Baclofen user feels no desire to consume alcohol
      "Maintenance Dose:"
      The dose level when the baclofen use can maintain indifference

General (just in case)

AL:
      Refers to Alcohol free days
      AF:
      Refers to days when no alcohol is consumed
      PM:
      Refers to the ability to privately message/email someone off-line about an issue.

Comment

AL is actually alcohol, not alcohol free

AF
        is alcohol free
        Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Thanks Siren - AL: Is in fact days where alcohol IS consumed. I said the exact oopposite of what I meant.

To add to the list

OTC: Over the Counter (some countries have different rules regarding medications)
          LIQB (or Liquid Baclofen): A liquid form of baclofen. Some people feel that the fillers used to solidify capsules lead to more side effects. Others beleive liquid forms are more pure and have less side effects
          PubMed:
          A "google like" search engine for medical research publications

Also could someone provide a unit by unit comparison for those of us on different systems. In the US, we think in terms of proof and oz (I know this is totally out of date!). What is the equivillant of a cl unit that eveyone else refers to in their posts? In other words, what is a "unit" in Europe/Asia/other vesus a "unit" in America?

Comment

Working...
          X