Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Progress thread

Hey Emily!

It is good to hear from you again. I can totally relate to what you are thinking about with all of this. It's been on my mind, too.

I think I am at the "switch" or am "indifferent" now, which is awesome, but I still have the thoughts of alcohol like you do as being relaxing, rewarding and an obvious choice for celebrating. Like right now, I just finished a side job that has been stressful and has taken me the last 2 weeks to complete. My wife says "We should celebrate tonight!" My brain automatically goes to drinking some beers while we sit out on the patio this evening. That is a result of conditioning not craving.

I know that a lot of us taking baclofen struggle with this. Some folks seem to make a kind of peace with alcohol and moderate successfully. Others choose abstinece and that solves the problem in a different way.

If you want to try to do an AF stint, I'm in. We could start anytime. Maybe it could give each of us some clarity and perspective on this issue. (I'm not expecting that we have to come to any knid of agreement or anything like that, btw.)

Comment

Progress thread

Oh yeah-

JDizzle already started an abstinence challenge thread this week. I think we could just post there and kind of track the progress that way.

Comment

Progress thread

Hey Juan

Absolutely agree with the conditioning thing, I was thinking that myself that I'm doing this through pure habit. Saturday night last night and I seem to 'need' to drink simply because it is Saturday!! Yesterday, I just sat for a minute and felt how I felt and I didn't have the same thought process that I used to have. It would have been very easy for me just to say no your not having any alcohol tonight but I chose to have something 'because it was Saturday'!!!

Although I only had two very small beers (the 25 cl ones).

I'll see you in your abstinence challenge thread, I'm in from tomorrow.
        Honour Thyself

Comment

Working...
        X