Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anxiety from titrating up/down too fast with bac

hello everyone!

first of all, i am not a doctor and this is not medical advice (please consult with your doctor.) i wanted to share something i stumbled upon that may help with the anxiety a person can get from titrating up/down too fast with bac. it has been mentioned before that meds from the benzo family can help (esp. klonopin.) well, i would like to add atarax (hydroxyzine). it is an antihistamine, not from the benzo family, and not addictive. it helped me calm down.

jbkhy523;1488926 wrote: hello everyone!

first of all, i am not a doctor and this is not medical advice (please consult with your doctor.) i wanted to share something i stumbled upon that may help with the anxiety a person can get from titrating up/down too fast with bac. it has been mentioned before that meds from the benzo family can help (esp. klonopin.) well, i would like to add atarax (hydroxyzine). it is an antihistamine, not from the benzo family, and not addictive. it helped me calm down.
    Is it OTC? How did you obtain it? Thanks!
    http://baclofenforalcoholism.com

Comment

Thanks, Jb for sharing that. I don't know anything about that drug, but I'm glad it helped you.

I just want to note here that I have only seen one positive report related to Klonopin but I have seen many, many bad ones. The one positive report was a post that was taken from another forum and not related to alcohol or to recovery.

In short, I obviously don't think that klonopin and baclofen mix. I am not a doctor. I have no special knowledge. I am just sharing what I've seen here.

Comment

BetterAndBetter;1488939 wrote: Is it OTC? How did you obtain it? Thanks!
        no problem! it can be obtained from the same places people get baclofen from.

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1488940 wrote: Thanks, Jb for sharing that. I don't know anything about that drug, but I'm glad it helped you.

I just want to note here that I have only seen one positive report related to Klonopin but I have seen many, many bad ones. The one positive report was a post that was taken from another forum and not related to alcohol or to recovery.

In short, I obviously don't think that klonopin and baclofen mix. I am not a doctor. I have no special knowledge. I am just sharing what I've seen here.

thanks for the correction, Ne! for me personally (while i was titrating up), i drank too much one night and woke up with an anxious mind. xanax helped me that morning.

Comment

Atarax is easy to get. AllDayChemist is one. They are reliable.

Glad it works for you. I would suggest benzos still. Yes, a scary class of meds. I have to say I never feel pulled towards them while on baclofen. Simply said, no addiction feel while on baclofen.

I think you need stronger meds depending on the dose level of bac and your issues. If you get a panic attack, atarax won't come close. I suggest diazepam or alprazolam.

I am not a doc and I am mot pushing the idea of medicating more. - However there are times with baclofen that they were very needed. I went to the ER from a panic attack at a high regulated dose. They gave me ativan, IV though. It worked.

I am not a huge fan of atarax/vistaril etc. It serves it's purpose as a low level assist with anxiety, sleep, and even sinus issues.

I use it like benadryl sometimes for sleep/sinus issues.

Comment

Thanks to the OP for that. I'm a big fan of first generation antihistamines, their anxiolytic and sedating effects are generally favourable over benzos. One thing I would point out though is that hydroxyzine really shouldn't be taken along with CNS depressants. That of course, wouldn't usually be an issue but we are on an alkie's forum here and alcohol is a CNS depressant (obviously), so I think it's worth pointing out.
              "My fault, my failure, is not in the passions I have, but in my lack of control of them." Jack Kerouac

Comment

COSGringo, ifulovelife2: thank you for your replies. your insight is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                X