Coconut oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coconut oil

There are some anecdotal stories about the benefits of coconut oil for dementia. Apparently it converts into ketones which provide a source of energy for the brain and people who are taking it are reporting improved mood. Which, btw, is a major problem so I am off to the supermarket to get some.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Coconut oil

If you try it and like it, it is cheaper to buy in bulk online. We use Nutiva and order
    in 1.6 litre tubs - great for curries, sauteed veggies, fish, anything Thai, even bacon tastes good in coconut oil....... (roast chicken is a bit weird though)

Coconut Oil | Organic Virgin Coconut Oil Benefits | Nutiva Coconut Oil

Comment

Coconut oil

Thanks. I just got some and it is was the equivalent of about $23 for 500cl. But I got a two for one. Health food stores!! I will see how it works.

The idea is much like L-glutamine. The brain requires energy to function properly, hence the need for the sugar in alcohol, apart from the craving/anxiety GHB connection.

It is supposed to make a person happier and more alert.... we shall see.

How to treat dementia and Alzheimer's with coconut oil - by Carol Flett
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Coconut oil

Coconut oil unfortunately is the latest cure-all-panacea, just as olive oil, cranberry juice and aloe vera have been. Some of these things do have some benefit but please be aware some of the effects are only limited, and not all they are cracked up to be.
        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Coconut oil

Makes darn good popcorn though! So if you buy a mess of it at least you can rent some movies and chow down!

Personally, I never venture out on those supplements that are supposedly a cure for something. They usually fizzle out. There are some things out there though that definitely work for some and for some things.

Comment

Coconut oil

COSGringo;1495715 wrote: Makes darn good popcorn though! So if you buy a mess of it at least you can rent some movies and chow down!

Personally, I never venture out on those supplements that are supposedly a cure for something. They usually fizzle out. There are some things out there though that definitely work for some and for some things.
            Examples COS ?
            Magnesium is one I swear by!

Comment

Coconut oil

Ya know I did not have much luck with magnesium but I think that probably is a good one. So much positive feedback on it.

One that has helped me is stinging nettle root. I used to get sinus infections often. At least 2x year but usually more like 4-5.

I read up on stinging nettle. You have to stick with it. I take it 2x day and they say a 2-3 day. It's pretty cheap though.

So anyways, you have to take it for a while to see any difference at all IMHO. Probably at least a few weeks before you might notice any change.

So I still get stuffed up now and then and some sneezing but nothing like how I once was. I lived on Claritin D (generic version). I rarely ever take it now. Maybe once every couple months? I just don't have the same bad sinus issues.

So again I still am far from perfect but I am so much better compared to when I did not take it. It's not a miracle where you will be completely cured from allergies and such but for at least me it really has made a huge difference.

I get it from swansonvitamins.com. I use their brand. It's inexpensive. You just have to be sure to always take it at least 2x day everyday. Not sure if it would work for everyone but it does for me. I am not imagining it either.

A good multivitamin makes a difference too especially if you don't eat right. You have to get a good one though that uses some whole foods for the source. Chemically synthesized vitamins are not the same as vitamins from food. Your body knows and it does not convert the fake stuff very well.

That one I suggest New Chapter just one a day. It's not cheap but it's good stuff. Otherwise, try to make sure you get plenty of veggies and such. Me, I am not so good at that.

Happy Camper supplement really helps my wife with her mood and feeling more balanced. It was kind of whatever for me but I was drinking when I tried it. I bought it and let her use it later. She really likes it.

There are others also but I don't want to make this into an oration. Too late.

Comment

Coconut oil

I had about a tablespoon full last night before bed and I slept well. I also woke up without the horrible depressing thoughts wizzing around in my head that I usually get.

I am going to try to develop a theory here...lol.

As I understand it, the brain requires energy to function. I think that is the reason for the errant thoughts buzzing round, ie., lack of energy.

The easiest way to get that is with sugar and alcohol is a super strength, distilled sugar. The problem is that it causes sugar highs, then lows and during sleep the body uses this energy and you wake up with a sugar low and your brain doesn't have enough energy to work properly, so I get the thoughts whirring around which I cannot control. That explains, IMHO, why some people are so angry in the morning and reach for a drink first thing.

Where coconut oil comes in is that it is a Medium Chain Triglyceride, as opposed to a Long Chain Trigyceride. All this means is that it produces Ketones which are used in the brain as energy instead of sugars.

Therefore, if you take this oil, you should have less of a sugar low from the insulin rush caused by consuming sugar and you should reduce craving for LCT's like junk food and maybe alcohol.

There is an interesting connection here with baclofen. LCT's and Ketone are used in the Ketone diet which was developed by Johns Hopkins and is now widely accepted as the standard treatment for severe epilepsy. There was a movie about this called "First Do No Harm" starring Meryl Streep a few years ago.

The idea is that you fast for two or three days and then take high LCT diet. The baclofen connection, of course, is that it was developed as a treatment for epilepsy!

You can now get Ketone diets and drinks like Ketocal for epilepsy. I think this is interesting because epilepsy is also one of the conditions associated with chronic alcoholism.

I came up with this article showing a connection between alcoholism and epilepsy: Alcoholism and Epilepsy - Chan - 2007 - Epilepsia - Wiley Online Library

Then I went on to see if there was a connection between Parkinsons and alcoholism and I came up with an article which shows that Woody Allen was right when he wrote "Sleeper"; smoking and drinking coffee are good for you, lol: http://portal.unidoscontraelparkinso...0Risks.263.pdf

Hmmm.....
                BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

Olivier Ameisen

Comment

Coconut oil

still using this?
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X