Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

French Trial of Baclofen begins!

MissIndygo;1597397 wrote: Why?

Why is this necessary. Or why is this allowed?

I am starting to get over this shit I tell ya'
    WTF?
    I'm over it, too and I'm going to start reporting this behavior to the mods no matter which side they're on. This forum is far too valuable a resource to let degenerate into donnybrook. IF YOU THINK SOMEONE IS A TROLL, IGNORE THEM. Simple as that. Doesn't anyone here own pets? It's the same thing with my cats and my little wiener dog - negative attention is better than no attention. If the trolls can't get a rise out of us, they'll move on.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

There are means of getting rid of people like this which are not being pursued. He's not going to go away and frankly I think the mods are being lax in dealing with this idiot.

Comment

Alky;1597482 wrote: I'm going to start reporting this behavior to the mods no matter which side they're on. This forum is far too valuable a resource to let degenerate into donnybrook.
        You are right, of course. And the recourse is the red triangle at the top-right corner of every post. Click that to send the post to the mod's attention.

Unfortunately, this forum in not very strictly moderated and posts are rarely deleted - even far more inflammatory posts than what's going on on this thread. "is_there_any_hope_?" is also "glass" as well as using desperados, chaos, baclofan, and many other screen names that I forget. His/her trolling is a lot more malicious than simply stirring up arguments - instead actively trying to discredit baclofen and other medications as a treatment for alcoholism and trying to scare people away from seeking life-saving treatments.

For those of you who have been on high dose baclofen or are now on it, think about how you can get kind of paranoid sometimes, sometimes irrationally so, and now think about how some of glass/hope/etc.'s posts might freak you the f**k out if left unchecked. That's why some of us, sometimes, feel the need to rebuke him/her, even if others consider it "feeding" the troll or just bickering or whatever.

EDIT to add: this forum is all about information - in many cases it is the ONLY place to find information about baclofen and other meds. Misinformation, such that hope/baclofan/glass/etc. spreads, cannot be tolerated.

Comment

Stuck, discrediting them is one thing. Trading insults with them is quite another. Trolls "get off" knowing that they've gotten under your skin and that just eggs them on to continue their disruptive behavior. I would not have found out about Dr. Ameisen, his book, baclofen, Dr. Levin and Lo0p if it weren't for this forum and I'd probably still be well on my way to drinking myself to death. But if I were to have stumbled across this forum today, I probably wouldn't have taken it nearly as seriously. All the name calling and insults going back and forth do nothing but undermine our collective credibility.

This is the internet. Trolls are going to come and go. Remember the cretin Normann who wanted us to advise him on substances other than alcohol to get himself high? Guess what, we stopped giving him attention and he disappeared.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Is_there_any_hope ?;1597522 wrote: Are you for real dude

Btw, how's your computer gaming going these days, I'm pretty sure everybody else is awaiting continuation of your bartender love story as well

As I've stated before, I've spent tons of time reading this forum
            This is a perfect example of someone saying someone that didn't need to be said. There is no point in responding - you'll never have the last word anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X