Baclofen, Topamax, or Kudzu??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying to gather everything I need to start the program. I am just learning about Baclofen. I also have doctor's appointment next week as I was going to ask to get on Topamax, but now wonder if I should get on Baclofen. I don't want to be taking all sorts of meds.....

I drink 1 bottle of wine a night, I drink even when I don't want to (don't know why???), I don't think I experience withdrawal on the one night I don't drink, but I think about drinking every day of my life

Before I buy the Kudzu, can anyone tell me what the difference is between the three?

Hi Jade,

I was a binge drinker. I would binge 1-3 times a week. I researched online and saw kudzu as a possible solution and took it for about a month and a half. It helped a little but not enough. In hindsight I think kudzu will work for begining problem drinkers, but I was deep in the clutches of the alcohol beast and it was not enough.

I do credit kudzu with bringing me to this forum. This is where I learned about Baclofen. I'm now 10.5 months into my baclofen journey and am happy to say I am not in the clutches of the beast. I don't binge anymore and do not drink against my will anymore. It has been a lifesaver.

That being said, Baclofen isn't for everyone so I strongly recommend reading up as much as you can. I've never taken Topamax so I can't comment on it.

Cheers!

Comment

jade555,

I can only speak about baclofen. I also drank a bottle of wine a night and most likely I did it some of the time because it was a habit. I also did it to make the world go away. I was anxious and didn't know it. And so much more.

I started bac in mid December and it's worked for me. I haven't over drank since I started and I do have 1-2 drinks every few weeks with friends. I agree with TexasAg. You need to read and read here to get an idea of people's experiences, side effects, dosing and more.

Keep posting and good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X