Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and doing research

Hello Gang!
    Short description of myself, 36 year old male from Utah. been battling alcohol for 20 plus years. Was kidnapped and sent to my first treatment center at 14. Sense then chalk up 4 more treatment centers , one wreck with a power pole at 60 mph, 4 DUIs , divorce (while i was sober) , and still cant kick it ! I stumbled on to bac looking for something new, used Campral my last sober stint ( about a year and a half) as soon as i was off (docs orders said i was cured) i was back off and running. So here i am again looking for a way out. i hate AA sorry to the folks that do , just not my thing. i have seen my fair share of the rooms sense the first treatment center. i find the honesty of a lot of looked up to old timers is questionable to say the least!
    I currently have sole custody of my kids and i looking to stop all together at some point . talking with another doc here feeding him all the info i can find. i must of call 200 till i found one that showed any kind of spark about bac. my hope is together we can get the help that i have been looking for , for so many years. thats kinda the jist of why i am here . i tend to lurk around a lot , hope no one minds.
    Dustin

New and doing research

Hi Dustin,

You are in a good place. Have you started baclofen yet?

Welcome, and good luck.

Comment

New and doing research

Hi Dustin, welcome to a great place. The people here are full of experience in what works for them and we can all learn from each other. Some of the 'helpers' will be along shortly to direct you to the links to the Newbie's Nest and the Toolbox where you'll get tons of encouragement and ideas on how to handle the process of weaning yourself off of booze.

Good luck.
      Tipplerette

I do this for my children, my grandchildren, my health, my peace of mind, and mostly for the opportunity to learn to live with my true, unfiltered, clear-headed, vulnerable self.

"If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
      ? Lao-Tzu

Comment

New and doing research

Hi Dustin,I am also new here. Just started yesterday. I also have sole custody of my kids and I need to quit so that I can be there for them. That's not the only reason I need to quit I am trying to figure out which supplements I need to take. After so many years of self medicating, my body and mind are just messed up. I think that restoring the neurotransmitters and lack of different vitamins is critical to becoming normal again.
        It sounds like we have a bit in common. Maybe a daily check in once we have everything together, would be helpful. It would be nice to have the support of someone that is in the same stage as I am.

Comment

New and doing research

I'm doing research too.
          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
          :what?:
          sigpic
          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
          A Forum
          Trolls need not apply

Comment

New and doing research

:welcome:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ead-38718.html

It's a start, right?

Comment

New and doing research

thank you everyone for the warm welcome ! yeah bacon it sounds like we do . ill try and keep posting talked a pharmacist today he says the bac treatment is unorthodox but what ever works is his opinion .

Comment

New and doing research

emailed my doc those links stuckinla thanks !

Comment

New and doing research

well its mothers day (happy mothers day to all btw) its now 830 here been up sense 6 fighting the fridge ! i know there is beer in there but i dont want to start early like i do every day ! i want to have a good day with the gf and kids ! i know that if i start oll be an 18 pack in by noon, and pass out !

Comment

New and doing research

Hey, The-Jackal,

Welcome! I think it's very cool that you found a dr that will script bac for you. I found 1 that gave me a start until he wouldn't let me go higher than 80 mgs. I brought Dr L into the equation at that point. Hang tough--you'll get there!

Lo0p, it's good to see you!

Comment

New and doing research

Jackal....you will find links to the Newbie's Nest and the Tool Box in my signature line below. Both are fantastic places if you are ready to get AL out of your life once and for all. The Tool Box has 100's of tips and coping skills to help you thru those first challenging days. We don't have anyone at the moment using Baclofen or Camprel, but we have quite a few who take Antabuse. Hope to see you there...we can help! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

New and doing research

So after talking to the Doc yesterday he wont do it ! i even talked to a cousin of mine thats the hed psyc at a datc to do it with no avail. so i left a message on Dr. Ls machine today hope he calls. from what i have been reading online bac is what i am looking for. not only for the alcohal but for the anxiety also. my goal is to be AF i am not interested in drinking anymore after 20 of this shit i have had enough! wish me luck gang and ill keep you guys posted.

Comment

New and doing research

well i was going to post yesterday but got home late . talked to Dr L for about 45 min yesterday , he dropped a sript in the mail while i was on the phone with him. also got Dr. A book yesterday in the mail. looks like things are coming together. ill keep you guys updated
                          Dustin

Comment

New and doing research

Good to hear, man. You'll get the script in a few days. When you take that to the pharmacy don't take any shit from them. They most likely will not understand what Dr. L is prescribing--but trust me, it's worth it to get it sorted out the first time. Have the pharmacy call Dr. L's office if there are any problems. They'll think it's a real pain and won't want to, but it is their job.

Nothing worse than having the pharmacy
                            decide to fill a script for 60mg/day, when Dr. L insists on a script for "take as directed." Trust me--it fucks with your refills, it pisses Dr. L off, and is just all around a mess. But sort it out the first time, with his help, and all will be smooth sailing.

Comment

New and doing research

thanks for the heads up man ! cool thing is the pharm has known me all my life he ordered more in when i told him how much i was going to need. it cool hes in my corner also.

Comment

Working...
                              X