Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for some researchers to help find the name of a journalist...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally random plea for help. I know some of you are going back and reading some of the old stuff, and I know there is an article written by this woman that elicited some discussion. I thought I bookmarked it, but who knows where that link went!

I want to find her again. What I remember is that she's a she. She has articles in a couple of major publications (Time or Newsweek or something?) but also publishes stuff in online mags. And she's got a blog. And used to be an addict/alcoholic.

If anyone comes across anything, here or online, will you post a link here? I'd love to see what she's up to...

Thanks peeps and hope it's a good day!

Here you go: https://www.mywayout.org/community/me...lle-_prod.html

Danielle was her name.

No need to thank me
    I'll do whatever it takes
    AF 21/08/2009

Comment

No need to thank me
      :moon:

:H:H:H
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

You've had me scratching my head on this one. Hence Siren catching me in flagrante deleto
        At first I had the person confused with that woman called danielle who wanted to make a doccie about baclofen.

Is it maybe the person who wrote this article: Treating Alcohol Addiction: Can a Pill Replace Abstinence? - TIME

Here's another link: Maia Szalavitz | Psychology Today
        AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1516879 wrote: You've had me scratching my head on this one. Hence Siren catching me in flagrante deleto
          :H:H

You're killing me!
          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1516739 wrote: Totally random plea for help. I know some of you are going back and reading some of the old stuff, and I know there is an article written by this woman that elicited some discussion. I thought I bookmarked it, but who knows where that link went!

I want to find her again. What I remember is that she's a she. She has articles in a couple of major publications (Time or Newsweek or something?) but also publishes stuff in online mags. And she's got a blog. And used to be an addict/alcoholic.

If anyone comes across anything, here or online, will you post a link here? I'd love to see what she's up to...

Thanks peeps and hope it's a good day!
            Is there anything you can recall that can help us search? A word that she used that comes to mind, etc? I'm good at finding things and love a challenge, but need more info.

Comment

Siren136;1516881 wrote: :H:H

You're killing me!
              Shouldn't you be in the kit hen? :new:
              AF 21/08/2009

Comment

tiptronic_ct;1516884 wrote: Shouldn't you be in the kit hen? :new:
                I'm being taken out tonight so I'm getting a full meal.

Comment

Siren136;1516892 wrote: I'm being taken out tonight so I'm getting a full meal.
                  With or without Yorkshire Pudding?
                  AF 21/08/2009

Comment

Sadly without. Not commonly found here.

Comment

Manoman. At first I thought Siren was mooning me! And I was like, HEY! What'd I do THIS time? *sigh*

Relieved that it was just a response to you when you've put your thinking knickers on, Tip. Whew!

And yes, that's her. Maia. How could I forget that name? And the hair! (I wonder what happened to Danielle. I was still drinking when I exchanged information with her, so I never got her last name. I heard a bit about the fallout, but would love to talk to her now that I can...talk. )

Thanks to you both for the laugh and the info. Hope it's a good 'un. and :l

Comment

Ne/Neva Eva;1516906 wrote: Manoman. At first I thought Siren was mooning me! And I was like, HEY! What'd I do THIS time? *sigh*
                        I was calling Tips cheeky, but he took his response away so sorry!

Comment

Siren136;1516909 wrote: I was calling Tips cheeky, but he took his response away so sorry!
                          :H No worries!!

Comment

Working...
                          X