Abstinence Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abstinence Challenge

Right!? I hate it when people want to hang out and drink--but only on their terms. Look, if you're not willing to stand in line at the liquor store with me for vodka pints at 9am, then we've really got nothing to talk about.

BTW I've actually been trying to go out when people call lately. It helps keep me from being too freaking isolated, since I don't get out much otherwise (well, except that I do go to the bar for a few minutes almost every day). Surely my friends have noticed that I'm drinking water, or juice, or whatever, but no one's remarked on it at all yet. So I say it's totally your choice (especially now!) if you want to meet up while you've still decided not to drink, or to wait until you feel like having a few...

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

JDizzle;1527245 wrote: The grapevine is out that I handle my booze now. I'm starting to get calls again to go out for some drinks. Man I hadn't gotten those in a while. I'm avoiding them until this month is done I guess. NOW u wanna drink with me? No way u gotta be down to go out when there's piss on my pants and cops involved.
      :H

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

StuckinLA;1527284 wrote: Right!? I hate it when people want to hang out and drink--but only on their terms. Look, if you're not willing to stand in line at the liquor store with me for vodka pints at 9am, then we've really got nothing to talk about.
        Oh dude the AM purchase is soooooo painful. Ur never in a good way. I had one time that the girl at the cash register gave me the worst pitty look I have ever gotten to date. I had the shakes, couldn't really talk, and prob smelled something fierce. I went home, drank, and reflected on what a horrible life I had.

OMG how horrible I was to myself. How could I treat me like that. I'm so greatful to be where I am now. How dare u trigger these terrible memories with such a hilarious comment. GOD!!!
        When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Dude where r all my thread mates btw. WTH. I totally want a beer for the game tonight. Not gonna indulge.
          When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

I've not been able to rack up any more than a couple AF days at a time, but just wanted to say congrats to all you who are doing the AF challenge-- you're stronger men and women than I. Continued success to all of you, and I hope to join the challenge soon!

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

I will join you in not having a beer for the game tonight. Though I gotta say, last night at the bar while grading the students' homework, after my cranberry juice, I ordered an O'Doules. And I chugged that bastard like I'd been dying of thirst in the desert. Best four bucks I've spent in a long time, even if it was only a mirage.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

tiredofbacbs;1527536 wrote: Ho hum so interesting
                Hi Baclofan/desperados/On.Bac! How've you been? Drunk and lonely, still?

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

I'm still in JD. Couple of rough days at the widget factory with a nice scoop of bac anxiety on top. Have you enjoyed that yet? Looking at 10AF tomorrow.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

I keep having times where I am on the way to some meeting and I think man I wish I wasn't on bac because I'm too panicky. But once I get there, I'm fine. Today is 11 days for me. I'm totally winning. Now I gotta go 31 days. Can't let u go it alone for a whole day.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Hi Everyone

I'm still in, day 10 for me.

Had a read through the posts and nearly half way there already!

I'm up to 120 mg as of yesterday and feeling just fine.

Guitarista, like it, I've even got a gratitude book, not written in it for a while, time to start doing that again, thanks

Kroncarr - still getting the electical jolts but not as bad as they were, no fear of the heat causing mine though, I'm in Scotland and heat is not an issue for us!! we can only mow our lawns here if we have petrol lawnmowers, haha.

Mary - is it the weekend you have trouble with? great news you're going back up with bac, this is what I've done and so far so good.

Juan and JD - what can I say, I'm in this challenge to the end and you guy are too

Xadrian, may as well keep going? effortless effort, the best kind

Sorry if I've missed anyone out that's doing this challenge, again the power of a group such as this is simply awesome, thanks Juan for starting it.
                        Honour Thyself

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Seeing stuff like this fuels the fire inside me to keep on doing...what it is that I do. :l

Electrical jolts are normal and pass.

See you this weekend Juan!

I scored a date with his wife!!! :H
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Gonna take the high road on that last comment. I ain't mad atcha.
                            Weekend is getting a little booked. Let's get some beers after the Challenge.

Almost halfway, Emily and JD, hang in there!

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

JDizzle;1527396 wrote: Oh dude the AM purchase is soooooo painful. Ur never in a good way. I had one time that the girl at the cash register gave me the worst pitty look I have ever gotten to date. I had the shakes, couldn't really talk, and prob smelled something fierce. I went home, drank, and reflected on what a horrible life I had.

OMG how horrible I was to myself. How could I treat me like that. I'm so greatful to be where I am now. How dare u trigger these terrible memories with such a hilarious comment. GOD!!!
                              JD -I just read this and it brought back some miserable memories for me also. Too damn funny -I think-hope.

Comment

Abstinence Challenge

Juan -Congrats to you and the others regarding your combined commitment. It really is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X