Consolidated Don't Do This Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colin;1536944 wrote: Sorry, I missed the fine distinction.
    Can we try not to be dicks to the new guy?

It works, Z. It's also not for everyone, for a lot of reasons. But just keep taking more, slowly and steadily, and read everything you can around here. Ask questions--most folks are super helpful!

Comment

StuckinLA;1537030 wrote: Can we try not to be dicks to the new guy?
      Quite right. My apologies.

Comment

dundrinkn;1536928 wrote: Z,
        While there is no "magic" pill -- no wait, there is a magic "pill". For me baclofen has accomplished what nothing else could. Campral, Topamax, valium, and a ton of other stuff -- drugs, AA, meditation, therapy, diet, supplements, etc. Just hang on. Take the pills and put one foot in front of the other.

If you do get SEs, just hang tight at your dosage until they ease. They will ease. People have problems when they ramp up too fast, or go really high. Once you feel the "ahh" -- there will be a day when you feel the relief from the intense craving and anxiety -- try to put together a few alcohol free days. The more you put together, the easier it is to do it again. I went up to 160, I think, but really only needed to go to 100. I kept going up waiting for the Bac to stop me from drinking. I finally did that. It was just a matter of working with my mind. Putting it off. And putting some days of not drinking together.

I still drink on occasion, but I find that if I can not drink, everything feels better. My body, my mind. I had depression going down to a controlling dose. But I stopped going down, and have been at 80 for a few weeks now, and the depression lifted.

I still have some nervy leg pain. Others have gotten off bac because of it. The pain isn't constant, and is tolerable. I have yet to experience a side effect that was anywhere nearly as debilitating as drinking a ton of booze every freakin' day. Just go slow and keep breathing.
        I'm only 90 days into my bac treatment, but so far my experience definitely echoes Dundrinkn's- I'll put in my two cents and say that this post was right on the money.

Comment

Working...
        X