Dr. Olivier Ameisen--Is it true?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wikipedia wrote: Olivier Ameisen (born June 25, 1953, death July 19, 2013)
    Olivier Ameisen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is no media coverage yet that I can see.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Yes it is true. A number of French web sites are reporting the news:

France/Monde | Olivier Ameisen, figure de la lutte contre l’alcoolisme, est mort

D?c?s d'Olivier Ameisen, le crois? du baclof?ne, m?dicament anti-alcoolisme - ? la une - Actualit?s sur orange.fr

Comment

I indeed can only find it in the French media, of which most report his date of death to be July 18.

The cause of death given is a heart attack.

"He died in his sleep, it's even sadder because the last couple of months, things began to move in the right direction" for the recognition of baclofen as a treatment against alcoholism, said his brother John Claude Ameisen, president of the National Ethics Advisory Committee (NEAC).
      Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Sad news- I really credit his discovery with saving my life. I seriously think he should be awarded a Nobel prize for his work.

Comment

Extremely sad day for all of us ... Without him and his discovery many of us would be in a much darker place right now.

Comment

Very sad to hear. His discovery changed my life immeasurably for the better, if it didn't save it altogether.

Thank you for doing what you did.

Comment

Very sad. This man saved my life. -tk
              TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

What a shock. A true warrior has is no longer with us. In fact, Dr Ameisen would be considerd a "SACRED WARRIOR". How one man's courage and bravery saved me from firewater -well, no words could ever express my gratitude. RIP DR. AMEISEN

Comment

July 18, Olivier Ameisen died in Paris of a heart attack at the age of 61. Brother Jean-Claude Ameisen, the President of the National Consultative Ethics Committee (CCNE), the doctor was known to the public since the 2008 publication of a book (1) of baclofen,

la Croix News -France

Comment

Very sad news, RIP.

Comment

Yes, this is very sad news. I shouldn't speculate, but I can only wonder what kind of strain the battles he fought, including his greatest battle, against an intransigent medical establishment, put on his heart. I hope and think that he will eventually be recognized as a great man who made one of the great life-saving...and life-giving... discoveries of all time. May he be even more successful in death than he was in life.

Cassander
                      With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

Let's not kid ourselves- he put his body through total hell and some damage just can't be undone.

I'm very thankful that he saved many of us from falling as hard as he did.

Comment

Cassander;1534334 wrote: I hope and think that he will eventually be recognized as a great man who made one of the great life-saving...and life-giving... discoveries of all time. May he be even more successful in death than he was in life.

Cassander
                          I held my tongue in hopes that someone would state it more appropriately than I could.

Thank you Cassander.

I shed one single tear this morning. Before it fell from my face I felt both shame and hope. The singular thought running through my head was: "If history is any guide, then I know that now is your time."
                          :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
                          :what?:
                          sigpic
                          Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
                          A Forum
                          Trolls need not apply

Comment

Very sad! Without him I'd without a doubt be drinking myself to death. He has save untold lives. RIP

Comment

I am not taking Bac but I have been following this radical treatment

Very sad news

Comment

Working...
                              X