Different Baclofen Formulations an SE's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recently switched Baclofen brands and my SE's went through the roof. The funny thing is the new brand IVAX (TEVA) is through a legit script filled by Medco and is ridiculously inexpensive so since I am at 340 per day I really would like to stay on it.

I read a thread somewhere here about how there are different formulations of baclofen and there was some speculations that one type of formulation created more SE's, but now I am unable to find it.

I am hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ncy-43742.html

I know a lot more about baclofen now then I did back then. All reputable USP (United States Pharmacopeia) formulations of baclofen are racemic (50% r and s enantiomers).

I take TEVA/IVAX baclofen exclusively now and have zero side effects.

There's also this:
    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...fen-46174.html

The best advice I can offer when switching brands of baclofen is to do it gradually: 100% Brand A to 75% Brand A + 25% Brand B to 50% Brand A + 50% Brand B to 25% Brand A + 75% Brand B to 100% Brand B.

-tk

p.s. if you changed over from liquid bac, it is possible that your dose in pills was not equivalent to the dose you were administering with a dropper (inherently less accurate then manufactured pills).
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

I should automatically recuse myself from this conversation. I feel like I have an enormous amount of opinions I can share but will hold onto them for now.

The one thing I feel that I can say is that Teva is the only pharmacy produced brand in the entire world that I can live on for a limited but lengthy amount of time before I notice it's unwanted psychoactive properties trickling in. This is purely my subjective experience.
      :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
      :what?:
      sigpic
      Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
      A Forum
      Trolls need not apply

Comment

Gentlemen,
        Thank you as always for your responses ... This is exactly what I was looking for. I did completely switch over and today I will start to take a combo of old and new.

Comment

Working...
        X