Good times, bad times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good times, bad times

Wow, even though it's been a terrible, terrible week I am very grateful that it's been a sober week. Had I been drinking I would not have maintained my composure the way I did. (And once you lose it, people don't forget)

I never thought I would ever be able to see silver linings like this- life has gotten so much better!

Good times, bad times

Sorry to hear about the bad week Fred. Your right about the sober part. Had I been drinking I doubt I would have seen the job opportunity of a lifetime posted, and I'm sure the interview would not have gone so well. Good luck, and as a famous member around here once said "never quit quitting"

Comment

Good times, bad times

Well done, Fred and Balboa, for not giving in to the poison, and for taking life on sober, and all the benefits that come with that

Comment

Good times, bad times

And another thing- I've forgotten how good it feels to actually sleep! I've been getting about 6 hours of reliably sound sleep per night and it feels great. I didn't notice this until last night when I drank 3 beers to celebrate a 12 hour day that completely turned my fortunes around at work. I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep- so I just went to work early.

This is ok occasionally, but extrapolate this over several years and it's no wonder I was such an emotional and nervous wreck. For that entire time I was drinking I probably never got any actual sleep because I passed out every night.

Comment

Good times, bad times

Totally. Add the lack of quality sleep to the fact that heavy alcohol consumption actually increases anxiety levels significantly, and I can definitely say that I felt like a wreck for years, too. It's nice to be seeing some improvement.

Comment

Working...
          X