Cross tapering from baclofen to sobrexa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This recent running out of baclofen and facing withdrawal and losing my switch really scared me. My drinking habits have gone down dramatically in the past couple of months, and I'm beginning to question whether a medicated sobriety is worth it.

I saw chilipeppers thread on soberexa and I'm tossing around the idea of cross tapering from bac to soberexa to skirt the bac side effects and difficulty of ordering.

Has anyone tried this?

Have you found any bac? I tried the other one -- not sobrexa -- can't recall the name. Chillipepper actually was on the same one. It reduced my alcohol consumption, but did not reduce my cravings. Once I started drinking, I didn't have the same desire to pound 10-12 beers, but I still wanted to start. I think it cut my consumption by half. I'm not sure what good it would do you after taking bac. I think I would be more inclined to not drink at all if were to go off bac. I wouldn't risk having the craving crank back up. Which I think it will if you try and drink on the herbal stuff. Just my opinion, however. I also think the chilliP used it to withdraw and stop drinking completely.

Comment

I have completed the Last Call Program (sobrexa) with great success. I have gone a quart of whiskey-a-day habit to today being 6-months alcohol free. I credit the Last Call Program for helping me launch my new life. Worth every penny I spent and in hindsight not even close to the cost of alcohol I was consuming.

Comment

8 posts, all saying the same thing. I think zampa has already pointed this out though elsewhere...

Comment

Yep. It really gets on my nerves.

Comment

Fred, what've you decided regarding bac or sobrexa?

Comment

skullbabyland;1540834 wrote: Fred, what've you decided regarding bac or sobrexa?
              It's a no-go. I switched to a source of liquid baclofen that is clean as far as side effects go and readily available. Also, the longer I go just drinking rarely the more I wonder why I do it at all.

Seriously give the liquid bac consideration, it blows solid out of the water as far as side effects go if you're already established on it.

Comment

Working...
              X