Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Baclofen Adventure and a question

Hi there,

My question first if I may. I'm heading to Thailand on the 19th of august and wondered if anyone knew if it's possible to buy baclofen over the counter out there? I may be able to get someone to buy some in Spain for me and send it over but I'm not sure about the ease of purchasing it.

My Adventure thus far.

So I saw Dr Chick on the 4th June and he prescribed me 2500mg for my first month, starting at 15mg a day and building up. The first tablet really spaced me out but as I smoke weed as well (and have done many other drugs over the years) it was very far from unpleasant. I've now over the last two months built up to 100mg per day. Dr Chick, during our meeting in London explained that he only prescribes up to 100mg a day. I've emailed him today for another prescription and asked him earnestly to increase the dosage amount so that I can, if need be, head up towards 200mg per day (my question at the top is in case he won't).

The issue I've had is that I've been waiting for the switch to be hit and for baclofen to do all the work for me so because of that, I've almost taken it as a license to continue drinking, which I have been doing at pretty much the same levels as before (approx 3 litres of 5.2% beer a night). a few things have happened though which were unusual. Firstly, there's been a couple of nights out where I've actually refused drinks, this hasn't happened in I don't know how long (ever?). Secondly, on occasion, my daily weed intake has dropped right down from maybe 10 spliffs (mild weed or hash, not skunk) to maybe 4, which is very unusual. I've also noticed that I'm not getting as drunk as I used to, my (ahem) movements are much better and one of the major improvements is that since I've been on bac, even drinking at the same levels, I don't black out anymore. This alone is a major change and I'm extremely greatful for this small mercy so far. I got my second prescription from sainsburys (a uk supermarket with a chemist in it) and it's making me more spaced out, almost like ecstacy does, compared to the previous batch (I'm afraid I don't have the brand name of the previous batch, white box with blue and orange on it). I don't mind it and fortunately I work on my own so can fall asleep if i want to as drowsiness is the only side effect I'm getting,

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear back from Dr Chick regarding my request to double the prescription levels so will add to this topic once i have his reply (and if he won't I'll hope to get some in Thailand or get some sent over from Spain).

Also, when I met Dr Chick I mentioned about this forum and he said he was happy for me to give out his contact details so in case anyone is looking for them and can't find them, he can be contacted via email here:

jonathan.chick@gmail.com

When I first saw him a few years back I think the fee was ?250 but my most recent appointment with him was when he was in London on Harley Street for a day. He saw me for half an hour and the fee was ?100.

As far as I know Dr Chick doesn't go higher than 100mg.

As far as getting Bac in the countries you mentioned.... I can vaguely remember someone saying you could get Bac OTC in Spain. I might be wrong though. Thailand... You can get benzo's OTC if you ask nicely, I'd have though Bac wouldn't be too hard to find.

Comment

chelsea98;1541327 wrote: ...
      Also, when I met Dr Chick I mentioned about this forum and he said he was happy for me to give out his contact details so in case anyone is looking for them and can't find them, he can be contacted via email here:

jonathan.chick@gmail.com

When I first saw him a few years back I think the fee was ?250 but my most recent appointment with him was when he was in London on Harley Street for a day. He saw me for half an hour and the fee was ?100.
      Hi chelsea, I'll put this new info on Dr Chick up on the "where are the doctors" thread, if you don't mind. Thanks, Cassander
      With profound appreciation to Dr Olivier Ameisen for his brilliant insight and courageous determination

Comment

I been to Thailand many times, pharmacies sell many things otc but I would be careful in the presumption that they have baclofen in stock and in sufficient quantities. If they do have it though you should be able to buy it OTC no problems. I would try on the thaivisa.com forums and see if you can get an answer there.
        01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Thank you neophyte, I'm here just now and have some details about a pharmacy I will start in another thread in due course.

Comment

Working...
          X