Sales calls and spam after ordering from pharmacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anybody wants to PM me full headers from one of these E-mails, I'd be mildly curious to see whether they're originating from where they're purported to be.

Comment

Ukblonde;1541367 wrote: Just received a phone call claiming to be from an online pharmacy following up a historic order with a discount offer.

When I asked why they were contacting me, they said I'd once ordered some baclofen.

It is now well over 2 years since I purchased baclofen, or used any online pharmacy.

I am however still receiving daily spam emails(which started shortly after I placed my first order) claiming to be following up previous orders/would I like to reorder and the email addresses change so I can't block them. These had died off a little last year and I thought they'd given up but for no reason at all it started again in the last 6 months, they cite my delivery name and address every time.

Anyone else had this?

I think I ordered from Goldpharma and perhaps another.

Not very happy to be receiving calls to my personal mobile/emails to a longterm email address like this and think some people really would find it indiscrete.
      I get these almost daily. It appears to be from a Canadian pharmacy and every email is from a different name so it is pointless reporting it as spam. I don't recall ordering on line since 4 years ago. I opened one of the emails and there is a box to unsubscribe which worked for a while then they started again...so I left the country. But I still get them!
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Otter;1547275 wrote: It appears to be from a Canadian pharmacy and every email is from a different name so it is pointless reporting it as spam.
        My emails also come from many different individuals - but the content is usually the same or similar. Many email providers (gmail, for instance) let you create spam filters that trash junk mail when they are found to contain a certain phrase like: "[A RxRefill]". You may have to add a new filter when the wording in the spam is updated every few weeks, but I've been able to prevent about 95% of it from coming to my inbox.

Also, you may not have actually had to place an order from 4rx.com - if i remember correctly, the site made you create an account to order (whether you did or not they got your info). I believe this is the case because I get the same spam addressed to different iterations of my name (an obvious spelling mistake, and also a fake name I used at first because I was sketched out at the whole business - go figure).

-tk
        TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Otto;1547265 wrote: If anybody wants to PM me full headers from one of these E-mails, I'd be mildly curious to see whether they're originating from where they're purported to be.
          Here is the email address of one of my emails. Thomas Garcia

It comes as a Refill Notice. I am afraid to open it in case it unleashes some virus.
          BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Otter;1547461 wrote: Here is the email address of one of my emails. Thomas Garcia

It comes as a Refill Notice. I am afraid to open it in case it unleashes some virus.
            They don't, they are simply after you placing an order.

The header is the expanded 'email address' - email addresses are just names, and many can be created from one location. By expanding the 'address' you obtain a code which can identify a 'source' of the email. There's usually an option to do this on somewhere on most email accounts.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

I know it not much help but went ordering online. I use a pp credit card. With a friends address... email and fake phone number. I have multiply emails for complicities I don't trust,
              At the the need of the day.. I'm broke. They can try and fleece me al day long.

I do get were the OP is coming from thought. I've been knowing to change email 4-5 times a year. I get very little email its part of my part of my job. Bit like cell phones. I can live within wit reason. A 3 mile radius of 99% of friends I now.

Face to face conversation is golden.

Comment

Ukblonde;1547484 wrote: The header is the expanded 'email address' - email addresses are just names, and many can be created from one location. By expanding the 'address' you obtain a code which can identify a 'source' of the email. There's usually an option to do this on somewhere on most email accounts.
                When I say "full headers," I mean everything that's really above the message body. It should look something like this:

[pre]Return-path: <sender@senderdomain.tld>
                Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 00:31:13 +0200
                Received: from mailexchanger.recipientdomain.tld([ccc.ccc.ccc.ccc])
                by mailserver.recipientdomain.tld running ExIM with esmtp
                id xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xxx; Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:39:23 +0200
                Received: from mailserver.senderdomain.tld ([bbb.bbb.bbb.bbb] helo=mailserver.senderdomain.tld)
                by mailexchanger.recipientdomain.tld with esmtp id xxxxxx-xxxxxx-xx
                for recipient@recipientdomain.tld; Wed, 13 Apr 2011 01:39:23 +0200
                Received: from senderhostname [aaa.aaa.aaa.aaa] (helo=[senderhostname])
                by mailserver.senderdomain.tld with esmtpa (Exim x.xx)
                (envelope-from <sender@senderdomain.tld) id xxxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx
                for recipient@recipientdomain.tld; Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:36:08 -0100
                Message-ID: <xxxxxxxx.xxxxxxxx@senderdomain.tld>
                Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2011 20:36:01 -0100
                X-Mailer: Mail Client
                To: Recipient Name <recipient@recipientdomain.tld>
                Subject: Message Subject[/pre]

Instructions for different mail clients are available here. The real information is in the chain of "Received" fields.

Comment

Working...
                X