California Bac users be warned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you read the Prescribing Guide http://baclofenforalcoholism.com/for...nt-for-doctors

This was produced by the doctors who are involved with the French forums based on their clinical experience. I joined the French forum. I think you can just press the translate button on Google and get it translated. They heavily push the idea of slow titration, gently, gently approach. If baclofen works, which it does, then the important thing is to be patient and not take it in a way that makes you feel bad.

It is not the drug that is dangerous. It is a very safe drug. What is dangerous is taking a person whose body and brain is used to alcohol and the energy it provides and taking that away. The body goes into shock. That is why doctors and hospitals need to be involved, not to monitor the taking of the drug, but to provide support for patients who are drying out in a new way and dealing with the potential side effects of withdrawal from long term alcohol use. Of course there are side effects to taking the drug but they are easily dealt with by taking it in small doses, spread out and increasing very slowly. The real problems come when the drug starts to take effect and the body has to readjust to living without alcohol. You can get serious DTs for instance. And, one has to confront, sober, all those issues that alcohol takes away.
    BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

Otters right. If you have time I'd really take a look. Its hard at first but Google do a pretty good translation and you get the gist.

They really do go slowly slowly. Like 10mg every week... some less. You see ALOT of poster hitting indifference around 100mg and the average is probably not much higher maybe some over 200 but not many.

Its a mine of info.

Comment

There is a French guy on our site named moog who seems really eager to help. The admin of the french forum Sylvie has visited our site for the sole purpose of telling us that she has put a link to us on her homepage. There have also been quite a few silent french people register as members on our site.
        :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
        :what?:
        sigpic
        Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
        A Forum
        Trolls need not apply

Comment

Thanks you guys- I will google translate and check out the prescribing guide.

Comment

You should have a look Skull. Its top notch. The order of the day seems to be to take baby steps. There's a fantastic table of all who have succeeded with dose, SEs, time it took and all sorts of other stuff.

Granted its hard but Google translate does a good job.

It might give people hope who struggle after maybe a couple of months.

If I ever have a go myself I'd give myself at least a year and slow down at the sign of any sort of SEs.

I'm sure Dr As book gets a lot of people down as he seems to have had it as easy as it comes from what I've read. I've read on here about some posters not being able to get out of bed on a 10mg jump.

Comment

Otter;1547458 wrote: The real problems come when the drug starts to take effect and the body has to readjust to living without alcohol. You can get serious DTs for instance.
              Are there any documented cases of this with an adequate baclofen dose? You're still hyperpolarizing the neurons, so there's no sudden loss of inhibitory action.

Otter;1547458 wrote:
              And, one has to confront, sober, all those issues that alcohol takes away.
              Yup.

Comment

Hey Flyer- looks like it's already in English? Or are you referring to something other than the http://baclofenforalcoholism.com/for...nt-for-doctors link that Otter posted?

Or are you referring to the French forums in general? And if so, do you have a link to get started? Apologies if this has all been posted already and I missed it...

Comment

baclofene . com

Comment

Thanks Flyer

Comment

Working...
                    X