My Every Night Binge Drinker - Insomniac Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeno;1556857 wrote: I'm now at 120mg/day.
    The positives:
    a) Don't have the euphoric effects of alcohol.
    b) Very frequently but not always, i can stop drinking after having a meal.
    c) Uniform sleep, once I can sleep I don't wake up until 8 hours later.

The negatives:
    a) Weak legs SE doesn't go away yet.
    b) My long time Insomnia is not fixed yet, but it seems it's improving slowly.
    c) I feel drugged at this dose, spaced out, a side effect that also doesn't go away after more than a week.
    d) Average alcohol consumption per week is barely 20% less than before.
    e) I feel a little demotivated as this seems like a lot of bac already, not sure if I can handle more of it.
    f) Not reaching my goal by any means. But I believe that now I have more psychological addiction that psychical addition. i.e. i drink because my mind says and not because my body says. Anybody have this experience or would like to give me some hope with details of his/her experience?
    Hi there,

I am only 50mg in, but I can tell you that habit, and not physical craving, is keeping a wine glass in my hand. This stuff works, but we have to look beyond the mental stuff too.

Sam

Comment

Maybe Glutamine is worth a try for this kind of residual craving.

Comment

I got into benzos recreatioanlly but they barely work that way anymore. I still use them. I can't really go more than 3 days on the booze as my body starts to cry out so I'll take some Diazepam to give myself a break or the anxiety is too hard to deal with.

2mg of Clonazepam is quite a hefty dose. You might want to follow a Diazepam taper to get off (all to do with how long you've been using then really)

Comment

I use benzos as a hypnotic but recently realized that they were in fact the culprit of my alcohol addition.
          The papers state that it adds to the depressor effects of the alcohol, but almost never state that they provoke the alcohol consumption as well, specially when you drink *after* the benzo dose.
          Big mistake to my body.

Comment

Working...
          X