Fantastic description on how baclofen works in the brain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xadrian;1626991 wrote: From personal experience I can tell you thet baclofen doesn't make the muscles weaker: I can still pinch 110 kgs (242 lbs) in the scales, but in the beginning I sometimes dropped small items, like pens, screws, carkeys, etc.

So it doesn't partly disable the muscle tissue itself, but less signals are being send to the muscles. That way it helps to relieve muscle spasms.
    So if you learn yourself to just do some more effort to let your muscles work (i.e. to let your brain send more signals to the muscles), you will notice no difference than before baclofen.
    Of all baclofen side effects, I have found muscle weakness to be my most severe challenge. I am not sure why this has happened, but it has. If any thing drives me to find an alternative to baclofen, it will be the loss of muscle use. I am glad this did not happen to you x.

Comment

spirit - you thought about hitting the weights to combat the muscle weakness? i do "starting strength" routine. i "feel" weak but when i work out, my numbers are going up and i feel pretty good when i do work out. though baclofen has reduced the post exersize high, but i do feel better.

i think exersize is more important than ever when on baclofen. you need it to combat the muscle weakness and combat the night time insomnia.
      01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

neophyte;1627030 wrote: spirit - you thought about hitting the weights to combat the muscle weakness? i do "starting strength" routine. i "feel" weak but when i work out, my numbers are going up and i feel pretty good when i do work out. though baclofen has reduced the post exersize high, but i do feel better.

i think exersize is more important than ever when on baclofen. you need it to combat the muscle weakness and combat the night time insomnia.
        hi Neo -no, I have not thought about hitting the weights. Perhaps this is a very good suggestion. However, I have never been very consistent using weights (boredom) and always felt great just doing cardio type stuff. Sounds like weights might need to part of my life "change"? Thanks

Comment

Working...
        X