Started Antabuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started Antabuse

JRons13;1565380 wrote: Can I take AB every 2 weeks since it stays in my system for 2 weeks? The medication is so expensive, even the generic version...
    I think taking it every 2 weeks could lead to drinking again pretty easily..at least for me personally. If cost is an issue I would break it in half and take it every other day.

Comment

Started Antabuse

Many can drink 1 wk after taking it and be fine so I think 2 wks is too long to go between pills.

Comment

Started Antabuse

Oh,

I just thought it lasts 14 days that's why...

Comment

Started Antabuse

JRons13;1565380 wrote: Can I take AB every 2 weeks since it stays in my system for 2 weeks? The medication is so expensive, even the generic version...
          Excpensive?

Total up yourr drinking
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Started Antabuse

Cinders is right taking AB is alot cheaper than drinking.If you give taking AB the same comminent as drinking then your well on your way to being AF, try and cheapskate it and I will imagine you will run into problems with it.I am on my 3rd week of my 2nd attempt after failing 6 weeks in last time and one thing I learnt is take it daily in the morning as K9lover says ttdp daily
            Its easier not to start than stop

Comment

Started Antabuse

Adding to above I bought 90x 500mg pills which I cut down to 125mg for ?60 online. That works out at ?5 a month instead of ?200 on booze. First 3 months plan to buy a Samung tab 3 and get my teeth whitened,then save up for a long haul holiday to America or somewhere similar. So not so sure how your argument on AB being expensive stands not when you compare it to the cost of alcohol and I only drank at home pub prices are alot more
              Its easier not to start than stop

Comment

Started Antabuse

I bought 40 x 250mg for a total of ?18 (most of that was postage). I spend at least ?10 a day on booze, so there's no comparison to be made on price. I'm starting mine in a few days, just giving myself a few AF days before I start on it. I plan to take 1 tab first day & then half every other day. Here's to sobriety.

Comment

Working...
                X