X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

liquid bac- warning

Just a heads up about liquid bac:

I keep a bottle in my car in case I forget to dose up in the morning. Well-

This afternoon I started to feel comatose, and passed out for a few hours this evening. I've overdone it on bac before and knew that I had taken too much. But it was only 60 mg?

No- much of the water had evaporated out sitting in my hot car for weeks. What I got was a concentrated dose that knocked me on my ass.

The label clearly says to keep it in a temperature stable environment and this is probably why.

ALWAYS follow directions!

liquid bac- warning

Thanks for posting the info--that's something that would be easy to not really think about until it happens. Glad you're OK.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

I'm wondering about this problem when you get to the last portion of the bottle. I've been horribly tired even at 5pm. I could fall asleep driving😿

I have about a 1/2 inch left. I may throw it out and start with a fresh bottle. I can't risk it with my son in the car! Thanks for the warning.

Sam

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Sam, I think you're onto something. My car bottle was down to the last couple of doses to begin with and there was nothing but sludge at the bottom. I'll ask the source and look into this further.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Do you both shake the bottles thoroughly before use?
          Otherwise settling of baclofen may occur.

The sludge is probably baclofen sediment
          Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

I saw the sediment from the get go and always shake to disperse it.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

I shook it every time. Certain nameless important friends said it may be psyco-somatic😆

I switched to a brand new bottle, and did not nod off at 5pm.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Sam (and anyone else whos's taking the liquid)-

I think it's a real good idea to start with a new bottle when you get down to the last 1/2 inch or so and see that sludge? at the bottom of the bottle. When I was using the liquid, I'd just dump that last bit into the next bottle once there was enough room in it. It stands to reason that after 2 or 3 times of doing that, the concentration of baclofen could go up significantly.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Hi Juan,

After starting the new bottle I'm up to 100mg with no daytime sleepiness. Night and day difference.

Sam

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Samandkatharine;1568271 wrote: Hi Juan,

After starting the new bottle I'm up to 100mg with no daytime sleepiness. Night and day difference.

Sam
                    Nice! The baclofen somnolence can be so powerful at times. I'm glad you aren't having to deal with it now.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

Here is a small tip that may help as well. After shaking the bottle, immediately draw out more baclofen than you require. Then squirt back into the bottle whatever extra baclofen you don't require. Don't spend time trying to get to the right mg's while the baclofen settles in the bottle. I think the difference is pretty small, but it adds up over the life of the bottle, and can result in concentration differences by the end.

Comment

liquid bac- warning

bleep;1568440 wrote: Here is a small tip that may help as well. After shaking the bottle, immediately draw out more baclofen than you require. Then squirt back into the bottle whatever extra baclofen you don't require. Don't spend time trying to get to the right mg's while the baclofen settles in the bottle. I think the difference is pretty small, but it adds up over the life of the bottle, and can result in concentration differences by the end.
                        Great tip!
                        http://baclofenforalcoholism.com

Comment

Working...
                        X