Nearly tapered off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nearly tapered off

Today I jumped down to 12.5mg of Baclofen and I'm hoping to be off it this time next week. I've probably came down a bit quick but I really just want to get my body balanced again and hopefully healing.

I was wondering if anyone from previous experience can tell me if they had any lingering SEs? I've had a seriously hard time on Bac with mental problems. Hardcore mental anxiety with every symptom that comes with it.

I feel much better than when I was at 80-100mg but I'm still suffering. Its manageable but I'm worried about how long it might take even after stopping to get back to a pre Bac state. Don't get me wrong, I had anxiety before Bac but I could go shopping or walk in a crowd. This is out of the question atm. I have to let my sister cut my hair ffs as a barbers visit is out of the question.

I've been reading as much as I can and from what I gather everything should be ok touch wood. Its not like coming off benzos where you might have symptoms 6 months later.

Thanks.

Nearly tapered off

Yeah you'll be OK. Might take a couple weeks though, so don't worry or freak out too much. In my humble opinion, based solely on my own experience, there is a kind of mental withdrawal period that you just gotta suffer through. I had depression and random anxiety, way more than I had in a long time. I can't discount the role of post-acute alcohol withdrawal at the same time though.

Comment

Nearly tapered off

Thanks LA,

I'm still sort of drinking which isn't ideal. It would probably make it easier if sober but it is what it is I suppose. I'd be over the moon if the symptoms move on after say a month. I can feel myself getting better in a sort of subtle way. Its hard to explain but each day I feel a bit more "normal".

The one good thing that has came out of all of this is that I can't let myself get really s**t face drunk any more as the anxiety the next day is unbearable. I used to go 4-5 days non stop. Not any more... I feel so bad after one season I'm basically afraid to keep on going. I'm bedridden with mad anxiety.. mental and physical.

Comment

Working...
      X