Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen: Amnesia and Extreme Sedation.

Hi all,

I've been trying to search the internet for reliable information about the side effects I've been having from baclofen, which have been surprising, to say the least. I spent a couple of days taking 30mg of baclofen at night, and despite having conversations before I drifted off to sleep I was pretty much completely unable to remember them come the morning. The next night I took 20mg of baclofen, together with 20mg of diazepam (i.e. generic Valium), a very small dose to me, as I have a moderate benzodiazepine (that's the class of drugs to which diazepam belongs, just in case people don't know) tolerance, at about 10 pm.

Come 3 am, much to my surprise I was still very much awake, and it didn't really feel like I was going to be asleep any time soon. So, I took 4 baclofen, some codeine (no major dose) and 300mg pregabalin (again, not a very high dose for me). I vaguely remember being poked awake at 9am the next morning being told a parcel had arrived, and falling instantly back to sleep. The memory was such that I pretty much had to ask if it really happened. I woke up again at 7.45pm. I went straight back to sleep and awoke at 11pm, but only really woke up at about 2.30 am the next day. I then did get up and have a chat for about an hour before drifting off again and waking up at about 8 the next morning.

I should make it clear that the extreme somnolence was not due to any of the other drugs taken, and that the amnesia was a real surprise.

I wonder if others have experienced such extreme sleepiness and major bouts of amnesia on baclofen. Is this something that wears off over time? I'm just curious as some of the doses described in this forum make me think I'd probably be out for about a week! It's not exactly as if I've not had quite some considerable experience of quite a large number of drugs at very high doses over the years.

The title of this thread should be: Handfuls of CNS depressants + no common sense: amnesia, extreme sedation, possible coma, and maybe death -tk
    TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

curious_man;1572193 wrote:

I should make it clear that the extreme somnolence was not due to any of the other drugs taken, and that the amnesia was a real surprise.
      Newsflash: haphazardly taking a handful of CNS depressants of any kind (they tend to potentiate each other) = amnesia and extreme sedation

-tk
      TerryK celebrates 6 years of sobriety and indifference to alcohol thanks to baclofen

Comment

Working...
      X