This is exactly why we need Dr. Levin back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PR manager jumped to her death from bridge over the Thames after getting addicted to drug to help with alcoholism | Mail Online

She tried to self-medicate without proper guidance on how to come off the drug and committed suicide when she could no longer cope with the withdrawals.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

The article is not exactly correct.

If you want, you can read more about her here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...elp-67917.html

and here:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f2...ide-68377.html
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea she was on here. Having read her initial post, I think the gist of the article is largely correct, it just omits a lot of the facts. The three things that really jumped out at me in the original post are that:

1. She was mixing an SSRI with bac and mixing powerful CNS drugs is a dicey proposition even under a doctor's care, which leads me to,
      2. "I haven't told anyone about my taking baclofen," "My doctor is useless and will just say I told you so," so clearly the doctor was unaware of her mixing these CNS drugs, and finally,
      3. "Is it ok to reduce by 10mg a day until I reach a dose where I don't have anxiety?" Dr. Levin made it very clear to me that you have to go up and down on bac slowly. He told me if I have to come down, I should do it at the same speed I went up. I think she was coming down too fast for the lack of competent advice. Which is exactly why we need him back because we need physicians who can dispense competent advice on the use of bac and there just aren't very many of them out there at the moment.
      In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
      X