antabuse and baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

antabuse and baclofen

im up to 240mg a day of baclofen, my cravings are much improved but ive gone off the rails the past couple of weeks. I'm thinking of adding low dose antabuse to my baclofen to ensure that i dont even have a temptation. my cravings are gone, but i sometimes still slip up. So i think having that final defense is what i need.

has anyone done this? I'm quite scared of interactions, obviously i can't drink. but i take zoloft and the occasional diazepam on bad days.

I'm going to go see a doctor today about it.
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

antabuse and baclofen

I wouldn't worry about antabuse interacting with any of your other meds. I'd be cautious about the combination of bac, zoloft and especially the diazepam, though. What did your doctor say?
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

antabuse and baclofen

Hey Neo- I do have a fair amount of experience in my thread regarding Antabuse and Baclofen. I credit these tools together with any success I'm having (which is substantial at this point). I did definitely ask my MD first, as you should. Go back and read a bunch of my progress thread for the past ccouple months for more, if you're interested.

Comment

antabuse and baclofen

I know this is not going to be a popular post but:

my cravings are gone, but i sometimes still slip up.
        Why would you slip up if your cravings are gone? Please help me understand that.

I take Antabuse. I take it because I know just because i think of it, I can't do it.

My cravings still exist, these days way far and in between, but they do exist.

If you are willing to do whatever it takes, Antabuse is a good help.

I am grateful for the full stop Antabuse gives me.

HTH,
        Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

antabuse and baclofen

I wrote in another thread about me hitting my switch at 240mg, this happened a few days ago, so i won't persue antabuse. Like you said Cinders, why would i consider it if i didn't have cravings. In reality, i still did, though they were not as strong as before.
          01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

Working...
          X