Going it alone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going it alone.

Going it alone with naltrexone right now...ran it past my nurse practitioner but she has to check with my actual MD before she will prescribe it...she didn't sound hopeful, though. So I'm taking 50 mg per day...but lots of times due to my crazy work schedule I often fail to take it one hour before and end up taking it WITH my first glass of wine. Just wondering if this is a big no-no? I'm really struggling here because my husband just had major heart surgery...so I'm the only one working ..as well as shopping, housework...and all the normal stuff that two people share. Plus I'm super worried about him because he's in so much pain...he can't take narcs and is trying to get through this using Motrin!

Going it alone.

I started my foray into medications to help me stop drinking on the Sinclair Method forums in July of '09. I have seen quite a few people who've been successful with TSM after months of struggling fall back into alcoholism because they failed to take the nal one hour ahead of their first drink.

In spite of what Dr. Sinclair said on the subject, from what I've seen, over the years, it's a major no-no.

My best wishes to you and your family. :l
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Working...
    X