Antabuse Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Method

I have a bit of a pattern forming with AB in that I can quit alcohol for 5 or 6 weeks and they really crave a drink so stop taking it. However my time back on the booze is getting less each time, only 8 days this time and only drunk once.I am sure at some point something in my life will change new relationship etc and the time in between will go altogether. Surely using AB like this must be healthier than not using it at all and drinking everyday? I know using AB your supposed to take it everyday and never drink but if that dont work then surely a compromise is better than not at all. A recent liver function test came back as normal where when I was not taking AB it was showing signs of alcohol abuse so my liver certainty appreciates it
    Its easier not to start than stop

Antabuse Method

I understand how people might say you have to be on it constantly, but I think you're doing yourself (and your liver!) a massive favour by getting solid blocks of alcohol free time in. I honestly think that you should just do whatever works best for you. Sometimes people put too much pressure on themselves and that's when things can go pear-shaped.

5 - 6 weeks is AWESOME! You should be really proud that you've managed to stick to the regime for that length of time, and like you say, your drinking time is decreasing between blocks.

I only wish I'd had your level of success on it. Reading your post has made me think again about using it again.

Have a fantastic Monday

Comment

Antabuse Method

mycall;1580193 wrote: I understand how people might say you have to be on it constantly, but I think you're doing yourself (and your liver!) a massive favour by getting solid blocks of alcohol free time in. I honestly think that you should just do whatever works best for you. Sometimes people put too much pressure on themselves and that's when things can go pear-shaped.

5 - 6 weeks is AWESOME! You should be really proud that you've managed to stick to the regime for that length of time, and like you say, your drinking time is decreasing between blocks.

I only wish I'd had your level of success on it. Reading your post has made me think again about using it again.

Have a fantastic Monday
      Here here ! Well done gmc !
      I use it to suit too.
      I take it coming to weekend if I think I will be tempted with the "just 1 or 2 glasses of wine with dinner" scenario :egad:
      To me taking one pill lasts for 7 days - end of - and this works very well for me !
      Try it My Call and go easy on yourself

Comment

Antabuse Method

Thanks Guys, my concern is AB harmful to your body, if its not then I can't see any harm in using it whatever way you choose as long as you dont drink whilst in your system.. I know my last period on it I was taking 250mg a day and stank of garlic and the time before I was tired all the time. Are these considered mild side effects and nothing to worry about or is it look this is bad for you but if you quit drinking iong term its worth it?. I know no one is a doctor but you may have a better idea on this than me
        Its easier not to start than stop

Comment

Working...
        X