Naltrexone experience thus far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On naltrexone now for two plus weeks. So far...noticed a TINY bit of indifference to the wine...but still drinking. A LOT of sleepiness...bordering on somnolence. I actually curled up on a bench at the hospital while my husband was having his surgery and had a little nap:blush: he's fine BTW...successful mitral valve repair! But the daytime sleepiness is a bit troublesome...especially at work. Also...does anyone else have trouble SWALLOWING those damn little pills? At least half the time they get stuck in my throat unless I crush them!

Sixcat11;1584579 wrote: On naltrexone now for two plus weeks. So far...noticed a TINY bit of indifference to the wine...but still drinking. A LOT of sleepiness...bordering on somnolence. I actually curled up on a bench at the hospital while my husband was having his surgery and had a little nap:blush: he's fine BTW...successful mitral valve repair! But the daytime sleepiness is a bit troublesome...especially at work. Also...does anyone else have trouble SWALLOWING those damn little pills? At least half the time they get stuck in my throat unless I crush them!
    When are you taking the naltrexone?I only noticed feeling tired when I combined with alcohol/ I'd still expect you to be drinking at this point, TSM takes several months usually 6-12 to get to a point where the cravings are manageable to gone - and you need to drink for it to work.
    I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
    X