baclofen switch dose and relationship to alcohol consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems to be common knowledge around here that bodyweight, alcohol consumption and mental health have no correlation to the switch dose required. I stumbled upon this.

'However, there was a significant relationship between the amount of alcohol (in grams) consumed before treatment and the maximal dose of baclofen needed by patients [r = 0.315 (0.127;0.482), p = 0.001]. This relationship was significant in both men and women.'

Suppression of Alcohol Dependence Using Baclofen: A 2-Year Observational Study of 100 Patients

I was curious if there was any data on the forum for people who have reached in difference and what switch dose they required. It would be interesting to see if there was a pattern between alcohol use, mental health and poly drug addiction. It would probably give comfort to those who have to quit due to SE if they held out a bit longer they could reach indifference.

thoughts?
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

You're asking for data?

On the TSM website I created a google spreadsheet where people went in and logged their weekly alcohol consumption so we could aggregate it and produce a combined average with a corresponding graph showing reduced consumption over time.

I could create something similar.
    :nutso: I take pride in my humility :nutso:
    :what?:
    sigpic
    Graph of My Drinking From July '09 to January '10

Consolidated Baclofen Information Thread

Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions
    A Forum
    Trolls need not apply

Comment

Data would be useful. especially in light of what that study says. It would be good if the data could incorporate if the person had a mental illness, if they dropped out due to SE or they had a poly drug addiction. I guess that gets kind of complicated, but a spreadsheet of switch dose and prior alcohol consumed would be good.
      01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

This could prove very interesting, of course it may be kinda tough to get reliable data but I think that it would be a step in the right direction. Imagine if a person could plug in their information into a calculator and have it spit out their switch dose!

That would be awesome.

Comment

Working...
        X