GABA (OTC) and BAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GABA (OTC) and BAC

I've copied this from the "Bac and Anxiety" Thread because I really need an answer and it seems a bit quiet there today (I know it's Sunday!!)

I'm waiting for my first batch of bac to arrive so I'm doing lots of reading. Meantime can anyone answer these questions? I am not asking for medical advice but many of you seem to know a lot about the research on Bac and may be able to tell me about the differences.

Background: I'm now taking 500mg of 'over the counter' GABA with vit B6 three times a day and it does help some with anxiety - I can feel a "mood lift" if you know what I mean. However it doesn't help with cravings.

In what way will Bac be different from OTC GABA? Is it just stronger? Or is it chemically different? Should I stop taking the GABA when I begin my Bac regime?

I'm also taking topamax which is NOT working and has terrible side effects. I plan to withdraw slowly from it before my bac gets here....thanks very much for any advice re the GABA.
    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

GABA (OTC) and BAC

Jazzi,

You may want to try L-glutamine for cravings. Start slow but work your way up to 7-8 grams a day taken on empty stomach. It comes in tabs, caps or powder.

Also, standard GABA does not easily cross the brain/blood barrier. Try Pharma Gaba. More expensive but more effective in my experience.

Comment

GABA (OTC) and BAC

thanks!
      My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

Working...
      X