Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP LoOp

Goodbye my old friend

Unfortunately, I think liquid baclofen has passed away with him, last I spoke to him, he spoke of our dream to change the world by helping any alcoholic have access to baclofen, he has helped save thousands of people, he was so proud of all the people he helped, I asked him how he was going and he said "im living the dream"
    Evan Picard passed away last night. You will be missed

RIP LoOp

Oh, dear Lord! I am so sorry to hear this. RIP
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

RIP LoOp

Yes. It was yesterday that he did not wake up. From some conversations I'd had with him he'd been walking between worlds for months. Someone told me to imagine him with Olivier having a shot. Just a thought...

Comment

RIP LoOp

Absolutely horrible news. I'm stunned.

Comment

RIP LoOp

I'm speechless.
          I'll do whatever it takes
          AF 21/08/2009

Comment

RIP LoOp

:wings:

Comment

RIP LoOp

This is so shocking! I do not use Bac but read his posts and his passionate journey.

How did he pass, if I may ask? Not AL related I hope. He was a true pioneer. :l
              On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
              *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
              https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

RIP LoOp

Is this for real? I spoke to him at the end of July, he sounded absolute fine, was incredibly supportive and backed up my decision to go AF.

Didn't have a clue he was ill, or had any other issues. I know he was into fitness massively, and is or was quite young.
                I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

RIP LoOp

spiritwolf333;1601272 wrote: Shocking News. Very-very sad. Evan was a key contributor to the baclofen revolution. I, along with many others, benefited from his knowledge. You are already missed. Furthermore, regardless of liquid baclofen, Evan has been instrumental in helping this forum evolve and some other forums as well. Let's please remember his family and friends during this extreme time of sadness.
                  I have to second remembering his family. His mother is an absolutely wonderful lady who adored her son Evan. Last time I was in the US, the three of us spent a weekend together and we went out for dinner. You couldnt find a more caring mother than her. I cant even imagine her heartbreak at this moment. For me thats the hardest part. No parent should have to bury their child.

As for how he died it will be speculation until the autopsy is complete. He died peacefully in his sleep. Things like undiagnosed heart problems could cause this to happen or a seizure. He was not drinking.
                  He was in great shape. He had from time to time some neurological problems causing weakness but nothing serious.
                  Unfortunately he nearly died early this year and hospitalized from what he told me was most likely accidental over exposure to baclofen, far more than one would take for alcohol treatment. No need to get into the particulars of how it happened. He had posted the story online he told me so its not like Im divulging nonpublic information.
                  I do think we should be cautious about the speculation as to how he died until official autopsy results bc there is no way to know. I mean he looked healthy but he couldve had a heart attack or whatever. Healthy people die of heart attacks or sudden death all day long

I do know he was passionate about helping alcoholics, i mean really excited to help people. It. was like his calling in life, if someone needed his liquid baclofen and couldnt pay he would ship it for free. He'd spend hours and hours on the phone helping people get started with baclofen or just help them through the bad times. Always there to listen and help anyone who needed him
                  He truly was a saint

Comment

RIP LoOp

He was ill in the fact that he pushed himself too much, striving to move our good fight forward. He'd hardly allow himself to get any shut eye. He was so passionate to help save everyone, that he often looked past taking care of himself. As I posted this in the Abstinence Challenge Forum...I'll post it here...

PULVERIZING SYNCHRONICITY
                    The Reason This Forum Exists

08-16-2013, 12:22 AM
                    On the morning of May 2nd I died. All I knew the night before was that I was losing consciousness fast and fell asleep. Fortunately I was visiting my parent's house for the weekend and staying in their spare bedroom which triples as a laundry room and a pantry. My mother came in at 5 am. I was living with my sister at the time and she would not have come in my room for any reason, ever.

My mother was a candy-striper at a hospital when she was a teenager. She heard what she told me they called "the death rattle". When old people are about to die their lungs fill up with fluid (pneumonia) and they make this sound while they breathe that I guess sounds like a rattler. She sat by my bed and tried to wake me. Foam started coming from my mouth.

I died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
                    Those of you that know well me know that I am a scientist at heart and that humility is my creed. I know that the things I think I know as facts may be wrong. I try to live my life this way and try approach every intellectual pursuit guided by this principle. I have been evolving since I was young, raised as an atheist, from denying the existence of anything that was not proven or explained by physical phenomena to something...well, different. I now recognize the obvious truth that throughout human history, innumerable things by countless cultures things that were used to be thought of as spiritual, acts of a god, ethereal or to put into the term that I understand metaphysical phenomena, are now things that are easily explained away by what we have come to know as the physical world and science

A simple example: Fire. I couldn't begin to guess how many cultures or peoples placed a metaphysical personification on to fire. It is a chemical reaction. We know know that. Or at least we think we do.

It would be arrogant of me to assume that all of the things that we now think of as metaphysical will not be explained in the future as physical phenomena. Telepathy, extra sensory perception, who knows. Hell, we make all kinds of devices that do similar things. We have yet to make a device that can approach the capabilities of the human brain. But please, telepathy...when did we invent the radio? And how many incarnations of transmission of information through the air have we invented since? Satellite transmission, microwave relays...It's pointless to start a list. Do I believe in telepathy. Maybe, I don't know yet.
                    I was either in a prolonged vegetative state or coma for 76 hours and regained consciousness on the morning of May 5th. The birthday of my best friend and brother, Joel, who died in 2004 of a heroin overdose.

I will always love you Joel. And I thank you for telling me, years later, that it was an accident and that you did not do it on purpose. I wondered in pain for years. But you knew when to tell me, just in time to save my life.

I was released from the hospital with strict instructions to do absolutely nothing but rest. I still had pneumonia, I could still feel it in my lungs and was given a 7 day course of medication to clear the infection.

I felt as though I was possessed. For the first time in my life I didn't just "feel" as though I was being guided by something else to "take action", I knew it.

Against all medical advice and the pleading of my family I worked nonstop. I still struggled sometimes to breathe. />
                    I slept only when I lost consciousness and seven days later with a little help from the stratusphere (yes, purposefully misspelled), on May 12th, baclofenforalcoholism.com went live.

Since then I've been asked a few questions. One was: "Another forum...why?"

I'll use no quotes because they are not but I've seen comments like:

Split the community? Why?
                    and
                    There's another reason.

I've even received private correspondences with the words "shill" and "conflict of interest" in them.

It took me a while to wrap my head around these. I get some of them now.

Nobody has ever asked me the direct question: "Why did you make these forums or this website?"

To this day my answer would have been and still is: "Don't ask me."

There is more to this story than I have written. The people closest to me know all of it. I hope I will be in a position to tell it all someday, when we accomplish our goal.

The Reason This Forum Exists - Baclofen for Alcoholism and Other Addictions

Please help to keep carrying the message forward. In this terrible time of darkness for our community, let's try to pull together and stand stronger than ever. Perhaps this was his ultimate sacrifice to help the cause...

Such a cryptic man.

Rest easy, our dear friend. R. Evan Picard (Lo0p) 05/14/1981 - 12/19/2013
                    We're all very blessed to be cradled in his spirit, watching over us now. We were even more blessed to of had the opportunity to be a part of his life.

Much love and hopeful thoughts sent to every one of you, his friends, and more importantly..his family.
                    ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
                    mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
                    Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

RIP LoOp

Was anyone else close to Dr. Levin? I know Evan and Dr. Levin spoke often...should we burden him with the news?
                      ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

RIP LoOp

Rest easy, brother. You will be missed.

Comment

RIP LoOp

Oh my God! I was friends with him on Facebook and just saw a memorial post about him, and logged on here! I am absolutely shocked and saddened. I talked to him on the phone frequently, texted him a lot, etc. This is so shocking. RIP my friend.

Comment

RIP LoOp

From a recent text, on his future goals: "The enormous task of making this a 1st, 2nd or 3rd line treatment in the United States and also, "instructing" pharmaceutical companies on how to (pardon me) make the fucking shit properly. How bold is that? What can I say. I've always had a fascination with stars and galaxies. Now i want to reach up and grab one. I am acutely aware of how far away they are. And who am I to try? All I know is I have to."

Comment

RIP LoOp

I will give him a call tomorrow, unless someone else in here has a closer relationship with him that wouldn't mind taking the reigns on this one?

Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

Working...
                              X