AA Party

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AA Party

Kind of funny....I'm going to my sponsors New Years party tomorrow. He is the only one from the meetings that I have seen in a while. Not sure what direction I am going to take here. Meds are mostly a taboo with those folks. There are a lot of people that are very understanding and realize they are not doctors. But there are more (it seems) that are the opposite. I even see people roll their eyes when someone mentions like a bipolar med....which for the love of god please keep taking . So anyways, maybe I can show up with a six pack and drink half of one and leave it just to be a dick. I think it will be ok. If someone asks how I have been I have to push back the urge to talk about alcohol at all. I have been good, work is good, life is good....how bout u? I honestly don't want to mention anything about what I am doing here. I've had varying levels of success in only a month. I've seen mention of AA and meds so I just thought I'd share what I'm going to do tomorrow.

If u read this, I promise I will not bring a sixer to ur party
    When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

AA Party

Say What?

JD -What are talking about? Take a six pack? Look, take two cases -drink one and pour a couple down a few newbies. Then laugh and say "bet you will look at my meds now?"

For me and about AA, the sooner that I realize that it is about me -not about them, the sooner I am going to be ok being around them. And really, I am no longer interested in the "fellowship". I would almost feel like a hypocrite knowing that I am taking a med that nullifies alcohol. With that said however, some of the principles and steps are great to live by. And, after all, all that is required to be a member is "a desire". (Yea, right -try that one on after about a thirty day membership)

I must always remember that aa has/was a part of my path and helped saved my life early on. With all the pitfalls, the organization has some good stuff, right? Take what you need and leave the rest. I'm just no longer interested in being a member.

Glad you are going and ONLY YOU can really know the miracle you are experiencing -at least for now.

Comment

AA Party

I couldn't have said it any better. Funny and informational....bravo!!! I hear u dude. I'm not interested in the fellowship either...other than my sponsor. He's an excellent friend to bounce shit off in my life.

I was thinking the other day how in meetings I always heard if ur drinking buddies were such good friends, where r they now. So, once u drink.... If ur AA buddies were such good friends, where r they now. Haha.
      When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Comment

AA Party

I cant think of a worse party to go to but hope you enjoyed it.

Comment

AA Party

Space:

I cant think of a worse party to go to but hope you enjoyed it.
          :H:H

Comment

AA Party

I've been to a couple of really lovely house AA parties, had a great time, no booze involved and I'd not dream of taking any out of sheer respect.
            I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

Working...
            X