I'm curious if the amount of drinking is related to baclofen trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

16 -16oz -5%AL (beer) 10am till...: indifference range 200mg-240mg. Current: 180mg (OCD/Severe Anxiety/ADHD)

Thanks NEO

Comment

haha, what's up with us sloppy drunks and OCD??

Good point, Neo. Mine is PTSD which accompanies panic attacks/anxiety..

Wolf, have you noticed a balance in your diagnoses?
      ?If you get the inside right, the outside will fall into place. Primary reality is within; secondary reality without.? - Eckhart Tolle

To contact me, please msg me here:
      mandiekinz@baclofenforalcoholism.com
      Baclofen for Alcoholism

Comment

neophyte;1614918 wrote: It might be worth mentioning if you had an accompanying mental illness and any other addictions. In the UK study, there was a paragraph mentioning that the amount drunk, accompanying mental illness and other addictions were correlated to the switch dose required i.e. the more wrong with you, the higher the switch required.
        Neo, mt switch should be around 1000mg:yes2:

Comment

I won't be surprised to find that most of us here have an anxiety disorder of one flavor or another :imshocked:
          01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

I had anxiety but didn't know it. Drank before parties or getting together with friends. My anxiety most likely wouldn't have been diagnosed by a dr.

Comment

I'm going to save my life story for my switch post( when it's here for more than a week) but I have severe social anxiety, situational/seasonal depression and undiagnosed adhd. I've taken meds for all off and on, but currently only ramping up on Bac and take something low dose for insomnia...

Sam

Comment

Oh, and I'm currently on 80mg Bac as of today, AF 6 days and crossing fingers and toes.

Comment

Thanks to all that have posted. I will try to compile everything soon. If you haven't posted then please do so.

Any suggestions on how to normalize the data would be appreciated.

It would be helpful if everyone would state their answers according to this

Number of 12-ounce bottles or cans of regular beer
                  Number of 5-ounce glasses of wine
                  Number of one and 1/2 ounce of 80 proof distilled spirits (either straight or in a mixed drink)

That way I can just enter how many drinks. I think I can gather as much from what is posted, but if I can't I will address the poster specifically.

As far as difficulties with depression, OCD, etc., it might be easiest to quantify with YES or NO. I suspect there will be very few NOs. I know I would be a YES.

Thanks again everyone. I wish you all the best.

Comment

My typical consumption, though actual amounts varied

10 cans beer
                    9 glasses wine
                    14 oz. 80 proof spirits

Attendant mental health issues: yes

I'm still at my switch dose of 90mg, taken 30/30/30
                    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Alky-

I'm confused. What would you say your number of units per session were?

Comment

I was drinking a 12 pack of microbrews nightly. Lost count on the weekends, (dirt and porch naps were common).

Switched somewhere between 200 and 240mg. Should have begun applying the brakes around 180 for sure... :nutso:

Never diagnosed, but likely candidate for social anxiety.

Comment

Hi Juan, you must have deleted your question from earlier. Units are kind of a foreign concept to me, but I computed that I would consume 16 to 20 units most nights of the week.
                          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                          X