INDIFFERENCE is real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

INDIFFERENCE is real

Tonight I experienced indifference towards alcohol for the first time in so long I can't remember.

I just started 60mg per day, divided into 4 doses, on Thursday and have had this first indifference today. It does feel like a miracle.

This is just do darned amazing that I'm stunned. Got to assimilate and think about how this feels and why it's so different. I had intended to drink tonight but when the time came, and passed, I realized that I didn't care if I had a drink or not - but more than that - I really didn't want a drink....

Thank God for this - thank Dr. Ameinsen and thanks to all those who have posted here and been the lab rats who taught me how to do this and to have courage to do this...
    JMum
    My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

INDIFFERENCE is real

nice one Jazi, feels good not being shackled to alcohol anymore doesnt it
    01-01-2014 - Indifference reached, success with high dose Baclofen 295mg.

Baclofen prescribing guide

Baclofen for alcoholism - Consolidated Information - Studies, prescribing guides, links

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

Well done, congratulations. It is amazing.

I remember sitting in our living room talking to a doctor who had come to the house and him telling me alcoholism was a "train crash", no cures, no way out etc. And a nurse at a detox clinic telling us it took on average 50 attempts to quit drinking, for those who actually managed it, without baclofen.

That's why it is a "miracle" drug.
      BACLOFENISTA

baclofenuk.com

http://www.theendofmyaddiction.org

Olivier Ameisen

In addiction, suppression of symptoms should suppress the disease altogether since addiction is, as he observed, a "symptom-driven disease". Of all "anticraving medications used in animals, only one - baclofen - has the unique property of suppressing the motivation to consume cocaine, heroin, alcohol, nicotine and d-amphetamine"

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

that's fantastic news jmum..... and long may It last
        Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
        Keep passing the open windows

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

Fantastic! Posts like this are so helpful!

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

thanks for the good wishes. As I've posted elsewhere, I DO realize this is just the beginning.

neophyte, and Otter, thanks for your support. I too always thought I'd have to white-knuckle this demon again - yes, for the 50th time - but now I see that there is another way.

spud, samandkatharine thanks for you stopping by too. I hope other women, especially older women like me, will read that there is hope. And not be afraid of using a tool, a drug, to help something that is in our brains - just waiting for the right tool to help fix what's wrong.
            My first "indifference experience" Saturday January 11, 2014. Thank God for Baclofen!

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

Great to hear Great news. How quickly your indifference came may partly be due to attitude. And it could not happen to a better person.

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

Hi spiritwolf - yes I'm truly amazed at how fast this process is working for me -note I didn't say 'has worked' because I know I will have some bumps in the road to navigate yet!!

I think the fact that I didn't drink very much daily, the fact that I had put my heavy drinking behind me years ago, the fact that I have a very, very LOW tolerance to alcohol so I CAN'T drink more after two, that I'm fairly slim and don't carry much fat, and that my side effects are do-able, all these helped baclofen to act fast for me.

And if attitude helps, well I put that down to baclofen - I have never felt so good - ever!!

Comment

INDIFFERENCE is real

Good for you. It sounds like you're at the beginning of "Now I Have a Choice". Much of what you've said mirrors my experience. Congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                  X