Liofen XL 30mg Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Liofen XL 30mg Baclofen

I feel bad even getting off the topic of Lo0P but I need some feedback.

Anyone know this med? Is it extended release? It's capsule.

My sources of meds are going away and I've been offered this.

Thanks,
    Gringo

Liofen XL 30mg Baclofen

Hi Gringo,

I'd love an extended release formula! Unfortunately I only have experience with Pacifen and Evans liquid Bac. Have you done a search on it?

Sam

Comment

Liofen XL 30mg Baclofen

Well XL does mean extended release in some meds, Wellbutrin for example.

I know India was working on that.

I would love that concept too.

However, I really don't want to be this forum's lab rat.

Guess "my guy" will know for sure tomorrow. He's checking into it.

Comment

Liofen XL 30mg Baclofen

K, so I did some research. It's an extended release product made by Sun Pharma in India. I've used other products from them such as modalert.

Wish I knew someone on these extended release.
        "Now, about an update on the progress of Baclofen GRS, which is based on the GRID technology.
        Baclofen is a muscle relaxant and is given up to the dose of 80 mg, three to four times a day. It is used
        in the treatment of spasticity. SPARC has used GRID technology to formulate Baclofen GRS capsule in
        six strengths. We have conducted 21 clinical and pharmacokinetic studies to optimize the performance
        of this product. Safety of this product is also proved by performing animal studies as well as human
        gastroscopy studies.

SPARC has planned a randomized placebo-controlled efficacy study in 300 patients. We submitted a
        Special Protocol Assessment to the US FDA in the last quarter of 2009-10. The startup activities for this
        Phase III clinical trial was initiated in Q1 of 2010-2011. But we further decided to wait for an agreement
        on the SPA by the FDA and hence postponed the study commencement. We are hopeful of reaching
        SPA agreement soon and expect the first patient in the clinical trial by Q3 of this financial year.

Two more clinical studies including an open label safety study and a pharmacodynamic study have also
        been planned. Baclofen GRS is approved in India and is marketed under the brand name of Liofen XL.
        This information we have already shared with you. "

Comment

Working...
        X