Baclofen and Caffeine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baclofen and Caffeine

Yeah thanks for calling me out there [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION]. By the way, did your genital warts ever get better? lol

I looked back through the thread, and did find this post interesting:

Originally posted by Nal View Post
    Anyone wanting to avoid relapse needs to stay completely caffeine free. Caffeine is a know trigger as its a nervous system stimulant.

The Alcoholic is use to a depressed nervous system state.

After Caffeine there will become cravings to drink un-consciously to balance the central nervous system. (or take extra (Balofen, Alcohol)

And as we know it usually just takes us one drink to get us started.

Funny how Coffee is served at Many AA meetings = bad bad.
    It makes intuitive sense. I certainly tend toward the "sympathetic" side and alcohol calmed me down.
    -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by guardian View Post
      Yeah thanks for calling me out there @Ne/Neva Eva. By the way, did your genital warts ever get better? lol
      HAHAHA. Dude, you were the last person to post, and I didn't understand why this thread was reposted.

Honestly, I'm still confused by your non-existent post. But what's new. Didn't mean to put you on the spot. And poor [MENTION=24770]DanF[/MENTION] was left swinging in the wind.

If by genital warts you mean brain farts, then no. Not cured. Obviously. A work in progress.

Comment

On a completely different note, and related to the post you quoted, alcohol is often referred to as a "depressant" and that is often assumed to mean it's effect on people is to make them depressed. I'm not going to argue whether that's true or not.

But the original and still scientific definition of alcohol as a depressant is because of it's effect on the nervous system. Not the mind.

Comment

Originally posted by guardian View Post
          Yeah thanks for calling me out there [MENTION=12976]Ne/Neva Eva[/MENTION]

It makes intuitive sense. I certainly tend toward the "sympathetic" side and alcohol calmed me down.
          I absolutely agree with this during the weeks and months after detox. I didn't touch caffiene with a 10 foot pole until about 8 months after detox (small amounts could easily bring on anxiety etc. when already in a hyper stimulated state). But now I'm a regular coffee drinker again but try to keep it to no more than 2 cups a day, and it's in no way a trigger or anything.

Comment

Working...
          X